It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2005, 11:05 PM   #1

MrsLewis HB User
Acne advice...

Hey yall,
Okay, I'm nearly 24 and i have these pimples that are never ending. One goes away, new ones show up. I've never not had atleast one pimple on my face. On the right and left sides of my chin i have these small bumps, not exactly white heads or black heads, just bumps, that never go away. Occasionaly one will grow into a monster. I also have horrible black heads all over my nose that I cant seem to get rid of. I also get those large pimples that just sit under the skin and get real red and hurt. I wash my face now with ponds wipes and I use neutrogena multi vitamin acne treatment. I have super oily skin and can't find anything that will aleviate the problem. I tried the black soap but it didn't stop new pimples from appearing. Please help, as you all know it's really emarrassing and since i work with the public I have to face people everyday. I'll try anything right about now.... Thanks!

Old 01-04-2005, 11:21 PM   #2
(female)

cactusqueen HB User
Smile Re: Acne advice...

im sure youve already heard this, but acutane works for people with oily skin. however your skin will do the total opposite and get too dry. but in the end, it does work (usually). the small bumps on your chin should get good exfoliation, either from a mild scrub or a wash cloth. i wouldnt put too many overdrying products on your face. try cetaphil for normal to oily skin in the morning with a skin balancing astrigent or moisturizer. in the afternoon you could also wash with the cetaphil. before you go to sleep wash with oil of olay's oily skin cream face wash with natural botanicals and then apply small amounts of acne cream on the big pimples. for your nose use a good cleaning astrigent that has more power than the skin balancing cleanser. ask your doctor about differin...because it works really well in getting rid of scars, or scarring. i hope i helped a litte. and when your acne seems to slow down, which i hope it does, do a few treatments of microbrasion once or twice a month ( if you have the money)

Last edited by cactusqueen; 01-04-2005 at 11:25 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread