It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2005, 10:02 AM   #1
(male)

Ric HB User
Does anybody feel like this ?

Heres something that I really can't get to grips with. When I was in high school I had a perfect, flawless complexion, endless compliments etc. When I left school, I started cleansing, moisturizing etc and I'm literally covered in spots. I guess my point is, does anyone ever question the whole cleansing, moisturizing theory= clear, healthy skin ?

I'm very conscious of the fact that we all need to be taking care of our skin, but by using these countless regimes, are we really doing that ? There are literally tens of thousands of people that don't have a skin care regime that have perfectly clear skin, never had a spot in their life. Maybe good skin= good diet, less stress and no products ?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2005, 12:09 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Needzhelp HB User
Re: Does anybody feel like this ?

Yea sometimes i do feel it's a loop hole. Like chris rock said "we'll never find the cure for aids or any disease, america's to caught up in making money off their drugs. They have a different drug for everything huh?"

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2005, 05:06 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Tiefer479 HB User

Acne cannot be cured, merely controlled until one's hormones stabilize. What's worse, what works for one may not work for another. The good news, however, is that symptoms generally tend to subside by the early 20s.

Last edited by Tiefer479; 01-05-2005 at 05:07 PM.

Old 01-05-2005, 07:56 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

openseason HB User

one cannot wash acne away because people have scrubbed their skin raw trying to get rid of pimples. So for about two thousand years people believed it was caused by dirty skin. So we are making great progress.

Old 01-06-2005, 02:31 AM   #5
(male)

Ric HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TieferSchlummer
Acne cannot be cured, merely controlled until one's hormones stabilize. What's worse, what works for one may not work for another. The good news, however, is that symptoms generally tend to subside by the early 20s.
I hope your right, I'm 22yrs now :-)

Old 01-06-2005, 06:12 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

BJM04 HB User

I'm 32 and still breakout..outgrowing it is merely a myth in most peoples case..Adult acne is very common...

Old 01-06-2005, 08:29 AM   #7
Senior Veteran

openseason HB User

Outgrowing acne is not true for everyone. So you have to use a dermatologist and try to prevent scarring with antibiotics or something

Old 01-06-2005, 01:55 PM   #8
Inactive
(female)

arock HB User

hallelujah betsy! i didn't even get acne until i was almost 22! i'm on the accutane now, trying to get off the antibiotics and what a horrific journey it has been.

fat chance getting off the antibiotics too. i'm on cipro and prednisone to control the 'flaring' caused by the 'tane.

Closed Thread