It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2005, 09:27 AM   #1
Inactive

joey_brezinski HB User
doctors are dumb i swear

yo i get like 2 pimples a week and they just turn into red spots for reasons unknown but i cant change that fact that they do right now so why not heal them faster. thats why when i go to the dermatologist i dont want a stupid retin-a or steviemacyin or any pills they dont do anything for a few pimples a week its rather pointless i swear im just figuring this out.

is there anything they can give you to help fade red marks. red marks = lamest thing EVER. SUCH A DUMB WAY OF HEALING I SWEAR. so sick of red marks my acne wouldnt be a problem if i didnt have these god damn red marks like jesus i have less acne then most ppl but my face looks like its actually worse.

Old 01-05-2005, 09:37 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

PBABY HB User
Re: doctors are dumb i swear

Someone posted that Tamanu Oil is good for red marks and scars. Do the search feature on this website and type that in and it should come up.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2005, 12:46 PM   #3

CollegeBoy21 HB User

If you don't pick or try to pop your pimples they will be less red and heal faster. If you use a drying agent like witch hazel it usually helps to speed up the process as well. Once the infection clears (big or small) try using moisturizers on your face and DO NOT PICK AT THE RED SPOTS. Even if you do everything right acne is kind of a process and it takes time. My suggestion (from experience) is witch hazel, moisturizer, and time. You just have to have patience.

Also, if you only have a few pimples now and then Retin A should work well as a spot treatment. But if you are using it I can't stress enough how important moisturizers are. How old are you anyway?

Old 01-05-2005, 12:49 PM   #4
(male)

fixme HB User

They just need time to heal. You can speed it up by using a regular healing agent like Neosporin or Polysporin overnight...Until then use a natural spot concealer. I am a guy and use a Loreal concealer every morning...I dont care lol...no one notices...I only use them on the few brown spots I have and it looks flawless

Old 01-05-2005, 02:08 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

BJM04 HB User

I have spots and have been using Differin gel it has been helpng alot..the spots are fading...takes time and helps prevent futre breakouts...Exfoliating the skin will help fade spots and new skin is exposed...Differin is way less harsh than Retina a..I use Klaron along with it..everynite...been doing it 2 wks..helping..

Old 01-05-2005, 03:16 PM   #6
Inactive

joey_brezinski HB User

hmmn i udnno im going to the dermatoloigst again sooin im male and 19 years old and have had acne since age 17.
ill mention a few tihngs ive heard in this post.

Old 02-14-2005, 08:05 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

Lalli HB User

use neosporin!!!!!!!!!!! it brings stuff to the surface and heals red marks 10x faster than anything i've ever used

Old 02-14-2005, 10:06 AM   #8
(male)

yelps HB User

Sometimes the irritation comes from your face rubbing against the pillow while you sleep. So I didnt have to pick to irritate. The pillow did it for me. I never could figure out how to avoid that problem.

Closed Thread