It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2005, 12:36 AM   #1

Paracelsus HB User
Zyflo, acne, asthma, and your inner Chi

Does anyone here have acne and asthma? Both are inflammatory conditions. Zyflo was approved as a new class of non-steroidal oral asthma medication in 1997. It is currently in clinical trials for treating acne. The inhibition of leukotrienes treats both ailments.

It is the opinion of this samurai that the inner Chi cannot flow past this common meridia freely. In order to bring the yin and yang back into balance, one might consider using Zyflo.

Has anyone tried it?

I talked to my doctor about it for asthma, but he wanted to prescribe corticosteroids (inhalation) and i couldn't talk him out of it. I didn't talk about it for acne because it is technically off-label and I didn't want him to think that my motives were unjust.

Anyways he is the type of doctor that will prescribe 215 -- i chose him because he is willing to go outside the box (californians know what the 215 is ). However, he told me that there is nothing new in asthma treatment and that whatever studies I read were not by the New England Journal of Medicine so it was bought and paid for by the pharm company.

Any ideas on what angle i can play to persuade him next month (follow up) to get off corticosteroids (advair) and on an "inferior", "systemic" medicine that he couldn't find in his book at all. He looked in his book, didn't find it, and shut it and gave me advair. Corticosteroids are better at inhibiting leukotrienes.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-10-2005, 04:23 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Und3rc0v3r HB User
Re: Zyflo, acne, asthma, and your inner Chi

Paracelsus, I have both acne and asthma

For months now I have suffered terribly with my breathing insomuch as I can't get as much air in my lungs as I used to be able to. The doctors all said it was all in my mind but they're not the ones who used to be able to run for miles without getting out of breath. I'm at a loss for ideas now.

Anyway, maybe I'll see you on the asthma board. As far as acne goes, what are leukotrienes? Are they the things we talk about in relation to asthma that cause the constriction of the airways?

Last edited by Und3rc0v3r; 01-10-2005 at 04:25 PM.

Closed Thread