It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2005, 11:35 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

kitkat77 HB User
Blackheads -- very strange....

I have always had a smattering of blackheads on my face that no matter what I did would never go away. Not too terrible a thing because I wear makeup most of the time and my pores are small, however they were extremely annoying. When I got pregnant a year ago, I woke up one day (about 2 months pg) and they had all disappeared. I was elated and happy that this pregnancy would give me better skin, as opposed to when I was pregnant 10 years ago and that's when my acne began. Not much later when looking in the mirror, I noticed that I had what seemed like hundreds of small white dots on my face. I knew what they were because I had seen them on the face of my first born, years ago -- baby milia. What was odd, was that they were in exactly the same spots as my previous blackheads -- the T zone. They were much larger than my blackheads ever were (and unsightly) but I didn't care because from that day forward I never got another pimple. My baby was born with no milia whatsoever, while mine remained on my face. I checked daily in the mirror to see when my skin would change back again and it did, when he was 2 months and 1 day old. I woke up and all the blackheads were back there again, all traces of milia completely gone. It was as if they'd never left. I started breaking out again and wished I had those ugly white spots again because at least I wasn't getting any pimples. I started thinking about what could have caused the blackheads to change -- is a blackhead not really caused by exposure to air like dr's claim they are? Are they hormone related? The only thing different in my life was that I was pregnant. I ate exactly the same and my habits did not change. BUT, I was taking prenatal vitamins..... So I decided to take the rest of the unfinished bottle (I stopped taking them the day he was born) and lo and behold, my skin has changed again. This is normal skin I think! I have only a few blackheads on my face now, no milia and no pimples! I only have about 10 pills left I think and when I finish the bottle I'm going to see if my skin gets worse again.

Has anyone ever heard of something like this? Could it really be the vitamins?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2005, 08:10 AM   #2

shisimagum HB User
Re: Blackheads -- very strange....

That is the weirdest thing i had ever heard. LOL. If the prenatal vitamin is working for you. Then keep taking it.

Closed Thread