It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2005, 11:58 AM   #1
(male)

googoo777 HB User
Exclamation Please Help!!! I Dont Know What Else To Do

ive tried so many different stuff that is supposed to cure acne but it hasnt, my doctor is an idiot who just wants to make money. ive tried soaps, then pills and antibiotics but nothing worked. ive read on the internet about zenmed but i want to ask people who have or had acne problems that can really help me. does zenmed really help? what does help? any natural cures? does eating carrots (vitamin c) help cure acne? please help cause i really dont know what to do anymore, i look in the mirror and i just dont like myself and if i dont like myself how are other people going to like me, im just very deppressed so any help would be highly appreciated.i thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

Old 01-06-2005, 12:36 PM   #2
(female)

kta HB User
Re: Please Help!!! I Dont Know What Else To Do

I'm sorry that you're so upset. I hate acne, and believe me..I know how depressing it is. Well, I think I can help you, but I have some questions for you first.

1. What are you using on your face right now?
2. How severe is your acne?
3. What kind of acne do you have?
4. Exactly what antibiotics and topicals have you used?
5. Do you have oily skin?
6. Have you tried Accutane?
7. Are you going to a regular doctor or a dermatologist?
8. Have you noticed certain foods that make your skin break out?
9. Are you a guy or a girl?

Sorry, it's probably a lot, but I need to know so I can help you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2005, 12:45 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

arock HB User

g- have you tried doxycycline? when i 1st went to the derm with really bad acne, forehead, nose, between my eyes, cheeks, chin, jaw, everything, talk about hating the mirror! he put me on a course of prednisone, then on doxycycline and cleocinT solution. he had me wash my face with clinique's extra gentle soap and use their pore-minimizer makeup. i don't know if you're a girl or not, but there it is. the makeup is really liquidy, so it took a coupla times for me to get the hang of it, but that my face cleared up nicely with no scarring and i was a real cutie for years. if your doc isn't giving you results and doesn't seem to care you need to find one who will get the job done. he works for you, you can go to anyone you want. but you should be seeing a dermatologist for your skin, not a family doc. be results-oriented! you deserve to like what you see in the mirror, it should reflect the beautiful soul inside, and if your doc can't see that then kick him to the curb. good luck, and stay on the boards, there's a lot of really good support here.

Old 01-06-2005, 11:38 PM   #4
(male)

googoo777 HB User
answer to questions

first of all i want to thank you all who have read my message and who replied.
1.right now im not using nothing cause ive lost my hope
2.i think i have severe acne it covers most parts of my face and i have it on my back too
3.i really dont know what kind i have?
4.i dont remember the name of the antibiotic sorry
5.yeah a little
6.no, i heard it causes some severe problemes
7.nothing now. i was going to a regular doctor (let me explain my dad works for the airforce and he is destined now in italy milan so the only american doctor we get is a regular doctor)
8.yeah potato chips, chocolate and all junk food but ive been 1 month without eating that although i still drink coke(once a day)
9.im a 16 year old guy
im sorry if i couldnt provide a lot of useful information so even if you cant help me im still very thankful for you trying.

Old 01-07-2005, 12:18 AM   #5
(male)

JakeJohnson008 HB User

accutane is a risk.

but it sounds like the risk is worth taking for you.

it works when everything else fails, sometimes... at least it did in my case.

unfortunately there are other major problems in my life so i can't experience the euphoria of having clear skin... yet \

good luck friend, and when you feel ****** go look at posts in the cancer and HIV boards of this page as proof that you don't have it so bad. Maybe it'll be a long time, but you'll survive, and after this life will be bliss

Old 01-07-2005, 05:03 AM   #6
Veteran

AccutaneAvenger HB User

Hello there. I would recommend:

1) First try B5 tablets for 2 months and don't make any other changes from what you're doing now. Read other posts as to how much to take each day - opinions differ on this.

2) Try a radical diet change for a good two months. Eat predominantly vegetables, then fruits and nuts. Avoid dairy, breads, pasta and processed foods. Drink lemon juice every day (1 lemon diluted in a bottle of water).

3) Then if these fail try Accutane. It is risky but acne is sooo bad that it's probably worth the risk.

AA
And I shall be clothed again with my SKIN, and in my flesh I shall see God." [Job 19:25]

Old 01-07-2005, 03:44 PM   #7
(female)

kta HB User
Re: answer to questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by googoo777
first of all i want to thank you all who have read my message and who replied.
1.right now im not using nothing cause ive lost my hope
2.i think i have severe acne it covers most parts of my face and i have it on my back too
3.i really dont know what kind i have?
4.i dont remember the name of the antibiotic sorry
5.yeah a little
6.no, i heard it causes some severe problemes
7.nothing now. i was going to a regular doctor (let me explain my dad works for the airforce and he is destined now in italy milan so the only american doctor we get is a regular doctor)
8.yeah potato chips, chocolate and all junk food but ive been 1 month without eating that although i still drink coke(once a day)
9.im a 16 year old guy
im sorry if i couldnt provide a lot of useful information so even if you cant help me im still very thankful for you trying.
Well first of all, you should at least have a good routine for your face. My derm recommends Neutrogena. Here is a regimen that will probably help you:

-In the morning, you should wash your face with Neutrogena Blackhead Eliminating Daily Scrub. Then apply Neutrogena Multi-Vitamin Acne Treatment.
-At night, you should wash your face Oil-free Acne Wash Foam Cleanser. Then apply Neutrogena Multi-Vitamin Acne Treatment and put Neutrogena On-the-spot Acne Treatment on any active pimples.

After reading all of your information, I think you would be a really good candidate for Accutane. I was scared about the side effects at first, but I haven't really had any side effects except really dry skin and a little bit of joint pain. They also make you get a blood test every month and monitor you very closely while you are on the drug, so you aren't harmed in any way. They are very careful when prescribing Accutane. I think it is definitely a risk worth taking. Good luck!

Last edited by kta; 01-07-2005 at 04:56 PM.

Old 01-07-2005, 04:43 PM   #8
(female)

saxlover12 HB User

I think that you should try accutaine. I have some before and exactly 1 year after photos, that can be very encouraging for you.. My face went from severe acne (w/ the big cysts and all) to only red scars left, which a little make up can cover up (i use almay nearly naked)

Closed Thread