It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2005, 01:05 PM   #1
(female)

JMo522 HB User
Question Post Accutane solutions for breakouts and scars

Just came across this forum today and hope I can get some helpful advice. I've battled moderate acne for about a decade now and at 22, it has become more than a minor frustration for me. I have tried just about all of the topicals, birth control and antibiotics out there, to no avail.

I trusted that Accutane would mark the end of my years of suffering but unfortunately I find myself breaking out just as often as before. I finished my course of Accutane about 5 months ago and it was under control for a month or so before my face took a turn for the worse again. I'm about ready to call the derm up again to see what last resort there is, if any, after Accutane. But before I do that, have any of you found a successful routine for post-Accutane skin that's behaving badly? Also, any advice for stubborn scars? Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Old 01-07-2005, 09:51 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

johnsmith007 HB User
Re: Post Accutane solutions for breakouts and scars

For post-accutane treatment, unfortunately thereís not a lot expect going back on Accutane. You can try the topicals and all that again but thereís little chance they will work since they didnít work the first time. The good news is that if you were to go on Accutane again your acne should get better and stay that way for longer. As for scars, you need to look into chemical peels from the dermatologist.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread