It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2005, 03:12 PM   #1

honeybearkitty HB User
Lightbulb High Copper Levels???????

I've done some research and found that my adult acne may be caused by high copper levels!!!

High levels of copper can cause many physical problems, including arthritis, fatigue, adrenal burnout, insomnia, scoliosis, osteoporosis, heart disease, cancer, migraine headaches, seizures, fungal and bacterial infections including yeast infections, gum disease, tooth decay, skin and hair problems (including adult acne) and female organ conditions including uterine fibroids, endometriosis and others. Mental and emotional disorders related to copper imbalance include spaciness, depression, mood swings, fears, anxiety, phobias, panic attacks, violence, autism, schizophrenia, and attention deficit disorder. Copper deficiency is associated with aneurysms, gout, anemia and osteoporosis. Interestingly, the symptoms of premenstrual tension are identical to the symptoms of copper imbalance.

Of those listed above, I have only a few that I know of besides adult acne, including frequent yeast infections, scoliosis, depression, anxiety, slight ADD, and some spaciness.

Do you think those are enough symptoms to believe this may be a cause???

I've read that Natural Progesterone Cream can help balance high copper levels, as well as adding 50mg zinc, 3mg manganese, and 50mg B6. (Folic Acid, selenium, A, C, E, molybdenum and sulfur-containing amino acids are also supposed to help.)

Any ideas on this??????? Thanks in advance!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-07-2005, 03:23 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

scouselad1974 HB User
Re: High Copper Levels???????

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybearkitty
I've done some research and found that my adult acne may be caused by high copper levels!!!

High levels of copper can cause many physical problems, including arthritis, fatigue, adrenal burnout, insomnia, scoliosis, osteoporosis, heart disease, cancer, migraine headaches, seizures, fungal and bacterial infections including yeast infections, gum disease, tooth decay, skin and hair problems (including adult acne) and female organ conditions including uterine fibroids, endometriosis and others. Mental and emotional disorders related to copper imbalance include spaciness, depression, mood swings, fears, anxiety, phobias, panic attacks, violence, autism, schizophrenia, and attention deficit disorder. Copper deficiency is associated with aneurysms, gout, anemia and osteoporosis. Interestingly, the symptoms of premenstrual tension are identical to the symptoms of copper imbalance.

Of those listed above, I have only a few that I know of besides adult acne, including frequent yeast infections, scoliosis, depression, anxiety, slight ADD, and some spaciness.

Do you think those are enough symptoms to believe this may be a cause???

I've read that Natural Progesterone Cream can help balance high copper levels, as well as adding 50mg zinc, 3mg manganese, and 50mg B6. (Folic Acid, selenium, A, C, E, molybdenum and sulfur-containing amino acids are also supposed to help.)

Any ideas on this??????? Thanks in advance!
That sound's pretty interesting as i have quite a few of those symptoms too, If you do discover a link please keep posting

Old 01-07-2005, 05:56 PM   #3
Inactive

Takara HB User

I've heard on another board that a lot of ppl are having success with 50 mg of zinc and 50 mg of b6 daily. None of them know why it works, but maybe it has something to do with too much copper?? Sounds very coincidental.

Old 01-09-2005, 08:35 PM   #4

honeybearkitty HB User

Anyone else have ideas on this?

Old 06-07-2005, 06:49 AM   #5
(male)

Viewsonic_123 HB User

Yes i rekon theres a definite link. Just search up 'copper toxicity' or 'copper excess' and some of the articles u'll read will amaze you.

Just a tip, i had a hair analysis, and it showed high coppper. They work by ratios, and mine was 2.4/1 zinc/copper, the healthy range is 8/1!!!! So i feel this is a direct link. But i dont know, i want real proof that this is the reason. Has anyone else experiences SUCCESS by decreasing copper levels, and ...HOW!?!?

Hopefully someone has insight.

Old 06-07-2005, 11:22 AM   #6
(female)

jade112 HB User

How are you being exposed to such high levels of copper?? Is it in your water, the air, the food your eating?? I am a little confused.

thx
Jade

Old 06-07-2005, 07:10 PM   #7
(male)

Viewsonic_123 HB User

I wish i knew!!!
I have a feeling it may be to do with me being vegetarian my whole life.
However, so is my brother, and he has crystal clear skin. One wonders...

It may well be a genetic thing, basically each individual to their own.

I am waiting for another hair analysis, to see if anything has changed, as i've been taking 50-75mg zinc a day for the past 3 months. My skin did improve for a while, however right now its the worst its ever been, probably due to exams. So we'll see, also ive started to use the 'Bion/Skintactix' range of products atm, and maan they have burnt my skin like crazy, especially the glycolic gel. Im hoping this is only for a couple of weeks, shall see..

Closed Thread