It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2005, 03:45 PM   #1
(male)

Healthy.J HB User
Sex/Masturbation and Acne!

This is more for the males than females. Do any of you think masturbation effects acne? Personally, I do, or at least I am starting to. I stopped having sex and masturbating for 3 days last week and my acne began to clear up. Then as soon as I did again the acne came back with a vengeance. I am going to try and stop for two weeks and see what happens. I don't think sex or masturbation causes acne, I just think it makes it a lot worse if you do it too much and have acne. This all depends on hormones. If you have hormonal acne like most of us do, then sex and masturbation will most likely cause flare ups through hormones. When I have sex or masturbate my heart beats fast and almost my whole body feels a heat wave and itchy. Sometimes I even feel small stings on my face once the heat wave reaches it and a pimple appears in the exact spot almost two days later. Sometimes overnight if I don't cleanse my skin. Doctorís and scientists will say there is no proof that it affects acne, but that does not mean that it doesnít. I beat you that if they did a test on my bodyís reaction to ejaculation they would say ďitís just a coincidenceĒ. Come on, that is denial, and even dogmatic in a way. There are a lot of things scientists believed that they knew, but were proven wrong decades later. You know how they think they know everything. I know this a hard temptation to resist, but why not try it. ****, meditate like those Buddhist monks do, lol. Seriously though all us males in hear who have acne should try to stop having sex and masturbating for two weeks to see if our acne visually becomes decreased. If it does, don't lie to us and yourself and be in denial about it. Just decrease how many times you ejaculate a week. Most of us will have to wait the acne out, regardless of how much topical, & cleansing crap we use.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-07-2005, 04:03 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

openseason HB User
Re: Sex/Masturbation and Acne!

I never saw a preacher with acne so you are on to something., maybe a cure

Old 01-07-2005, 04:23 PM   #3
(male)

fixme HB User

mine was the opposite really...i was breaking out when i went away for a week and didnt have the time for sex or masturbation and my acne was bugging the crap out of me then when i came back i was whacking off (esxuse my slang lol)and i cleared up pretty good...it relieves stress which imo is a factor on acne

Old 01-07-2005, 09:47 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

johnsmith007 HB User

I've heard it both ways. Personally for me, I only seem to get acne around my jaw line when I masturbate. Which makes sense since I've heard that mostly all jaw line acne is hormonal, which could in theory be affected by masturbation. Other than my jaw line, I donít notice any difference (although there can be a lot of new pimples on my jaw line). I currently havenít masturbated for like 5 days and havenít had any acne on my jaw line.

Old 01-08-2005, 09:58 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

scouselad1974 HB User

If your reasoning turned out to be right then i would like to be in the percentage of people who try masterbating every day to see if it effects our skin rather than absteining lol

Old 01-08-2005, 06:11 PM   #6

scorpion990 HB User

First, it is almost impossible for a zit to appear overnight. It takes them 5 days to 3 weeks to fully develope.

It seems kind of weird to me that this myth only applies to men. Men masturbate a lot more than women, so it makes sence for religious soccer moms to make this up to keep their boys from masturbating.

Old 01-08-2005, 06:55 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

johnsmith007 HB User

Yea thatís how I heard it started. From churches who were trying to get kids not to masturbate, and personally I donít think thereís a connection. But it seems like if I masturbate on a regular basis I always get acne on my jaw line (a good amount), and when I donít I never get any. It could just be coincidence, but you never know.

Old 01-09-2005, 12:06 AM   #8
Inactive
(male)

Needzhelp HB User

I think you may have a point on the hormonal thing but come on......if your gonna let it affect your life that personally than your stressin acne way to much! <----talking about sex not masturbation

Old 01-09-2005, 10:34 AM   #9
(male)

Healthy.J HB User

Sex is hard to resist, believe me I know, being a 19 year old. I don't think that sex or masturbation is the cause of acne at all. I just think like many things it can make it worst. Don't quit sex, just try and do it less often. Like three times a week. As far as it being started by some Christians, I don't care. I also never heard it from my mom or any damn soccer moms (lol) and its not just masturbation, its ejaculation period. I never heard that ejaculation can worsen acne, but I began to feel it did when I ejaculated, because my body had an intense reaction that went all the way up to my face. I started researching it and plenty of people feel the same thing. Now for women I hear having sex helps clear them up because it releases estrogen, which cuts down the androgen/testosterone in the blood. For men it may release more androgens and convert testosterone into DHT or something like that. Look I am not an expert and I know many wonít even think of trying this, but hey, what can you do? I would never stop sex, but I have no problem cutting it down to two or three times a week. I don't believe all pimples take weeks to appear on the skin. Derms really say it takes two weeks, while I have heard people on boards say six weeks. I don't need a derm to tell me his scientific crap for this, because I can put some think cream on one spot of face, like my cheek and a pimple will appear the next evening all the time, but is that just coincidence? Maybe it takes two weeks for your acne pimple to "naturally" occur, but if you do something to disturb your hormones or clog your pores with something I know it can appear much earlier.

Old 01-09-2005, 06:03 PM   #10
Senior Veteran

openseason HB User

The old myths are hard to stop. Chocolate, greasy food, sugar, dirty skin, and sex cause acne.

Old 01-09-2005, 06:13 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(male)

dfwgoodguy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by openseason
The old myths are hard to stop. Chocolate, greasy food, sugar, dirty skin, and sex cause acne.

Chocolate gives me pimples on my forehead, as does sugar. Greasy foods also give me oil, which gives me acne. If my skin is dirty, then it clogs my pores as oil tries to escape, here comes the acne. Sex, eh...that one not so much. But again, could be different for others.

Old 01-09-2005, 07:10 PM   #12
(male)

Outro HB User

Actually I havent masturbated since Thursday morning and my acne is clearing up.

I usually materbate 5-6 times a day.

Last edited by Outro; 01-09-2005 at 07:10 PM.

Old 01-09-2005, 08:19 PM   #13
(male)

Healthy.J HB User

Chocolate, greasy foods, sugar, dirty skin, sex, do not CAUSE acne. The cause means the root or foundation of something. These things do not CAUSE acne, but they may make it worse, or cause what are called flare ups. Chocolate has a lot of sugar and maybe some caffeine, which can cause flare ups. Greasy foods just are not healthy at all. Now sure dirt on the skin does not cause acne, but what is the opposite of clean? Dirty is the opposite of clean. When your face is not cleansed with water or a cleanser, depending on your skin type, bacteria builds up, which can make acne worse. Your acne wont go away by ending these things, but it just may get better.

Old 01-10-2005, 11:28 AM   #14
(male)

Healthy.J HB User

I did not say eating unhealthy is the cause of acne! I said it may effect it! The cause of about 98% of acne is hormone related. Read my post again. That mint julep mask broke me out, like crazy. I threw it out my window.

Old 01-10-2005, 12:04 PM   #15

Acid_Rain HB User

In my opinion bad foods like sugar, candies, caffeine, DAIRY, etc etc, can all aggravate acne in certain persons because they contribute to hormonal imbalance. But i don't think that "bad foods" can be the only culprit for acne, with the exception of commercial milk. That stuff is so unhealthy I can't believe how shameless they are for brainwashing everyone into thinking you need your 4 glasses of milk a day to be healthy.

The week after i quit dairy my general health improved and my acne almost totally cleared up. Too bad the topicals, antibiotics and accutane scarred me for life heh.

Closed Thread