It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2005, 09:44 PM   #1
Inactive

joey_brezinski HB User
i need one more question answered

im a guy and i didnt have acne from ages 1 - 17. then again i never started growing facial hair and never really had any hair anwhere on my body ppl though i was 13 when i graduated from high school. then age 18 and i start getting acne.do ppl who get acne later on in life are they the ones who are stuck with it for life? ive haerd of ppl getting it age 7, that young. are they the ones who are going to have it longer. its been a year i cant stand this any longer. i feel so bad for anyone who has had it that long it feels like im wasting so much time by not living like i use to

Old 01-08-2005, 12:09 AM   #2

CollegeBoy21 HB User
Re: i need one more question answered

I am kind of confused by your post... How old are you now? Do you think that the lack of body/facial hair is correlated to your having acne? I personally think it does, but there are different kinds of acne so it's not always a correlation I don't think. Adult acne can be caused by many different things, not necessarily genes. How bad is your acne right now and is it on your face or your body (or both)? I explained on another thread about the bell-shaped curve that *typically* starts early-mid teen years and ends late teens-early/mid 20's. It all depends on the person, their genes, their habits, and the environments in which they live. You say your acne started after 17... does this mean you never had any zits or anything before then or what? I had very mild acne from about 13-17, then it started getting worse when I started college. I am hoping I am hitting the peak of the curve and within the next few years it will taper off (when my facial hair finishes growing in all the way). I think maybe the best thing to do is ask your parents if they had acne when they were younger and how severe it was and how long it lasted. This will give you a good idea of what you should expect from your own acne. While nobody is exactly the same, I do believe there are certain "categories" we all kind of fall under as far as acne age / severity / longevity / location goes. Genetics plays a big part in this, but there are other things like diet and stress that are also factors. Talk to your parents then post back here.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread