It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2005, 09:13 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

aquarius0121 HB User
Quick fix

Lately I've been having bad breakouts, which seem to spread to the surrounding areas. The pimples aren't deep set cysts, just large surface pimples that last forever and are impossible to break. Almost lesion-like.

Anyway, as I was randomly looking through my medicine cabinet I came across an antibacterial medication for cuts and burns. Not Neosporin, but the CVS generic bactracin gel. I got the notion to try this on my face despite the inactive ingredients... one of which is *gasp* mineral oil.

Well, wouldn't you know it, this stuff actually WORKS against fighting my breakouts. The directions on the package state not to use more than one week without consulting a doctor, but I intend to use it until my breakouts get worse. I wouldn't have figured this product would actually do anything, and the ingredients seem not so good for acne-prone skin, but in addition to keeping back pimples, it SOFTENS AND SMOOTHES my skin. Forget about the dryness I got with Tazorac and Benzaclin. This anti-bacteria medication seems perfect, as I believe my acne is caused by bacteria that have become immune to my prescriptions. Granted, I know it's only a matter of time before bacteria become immune to it, but for now I'm loving it and I would suggest it to anyone out there that seems to have acne infected by bacteria. (However, I would not suggest using Neosporin because of the numerous inactive ingredients including Cocoa Butter, Cottonseed Oil, etc.... Try to find a product with as few inactive ingredients as possible)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-09-2005, 09:23 AM   #2
(female)

wildindigo HB User
Re: Quick fix

I agree it is a quick fix for those open sore like pimples. However for me the mineral oil clogs my pores and makes me break out worse. Remember pimples don't form over night (even though it seems that way), so it may cause breakouts down the road. There are many topical antibiotics for acne that don't contain oil. If it is working for you , I hope it continues

Closed Thread