It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2005, 08:19 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

deltoro HB User
Is Yoga good for acne?

Hello all-

I can't help but wonder if yoga helps with acne. I have moderate to severe acne. I joined a gym last august and was doing yoga classes 3 times a week. Without really noticing I started getting compliments on my skin on how great it was looking, and the only thing that was different was me taking the yoga classes. I also was flipping through dr perricone's new book, and he had a section on exercise and he recommened yoga. The tape and the classes I was taking where both "Yoga for weightloss" the poses he recommended and the ones on the tapes and in the class where the same? Does anyone have any hard facts on this or was this just coincedence? I had to stop going to the gym due to the money factor, and my face is horrible again. I am wondering if I should start doing my yoga tapes again? Any opinions or past experieces any one would share would be appreciated. Thanks

Old 01-09-2005, 08:23 PM   #2

toocool HB User
Re: Is Yoga good for acne?

Yea, yoga is good for acne, and your overall well-being. It relaxes your mind, raises your immune system, and releases stress. Plus its exercise. And excercise is really good for acne.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-09-2005, 08:30 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

deltoro HB User

Toocool,

Lets not get to wacky with this, all exercise is NOT good for acne. I have been told not to do any exercise with weights, vigourous running,etc by my doctor because it will aggrevate my acne. Specifically I would like to know if anyone has seen these results while doing yoga independent of any other exercise. Thanks for your post I really need to get back in my yoga routine for stress relieving aspect, if it helps with my acne that is just a bonus.

Old 01-11-2005, 04:10 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

deltoro HB User

No one else has any input on this subject? I would really appreciate any feedback, will give me some hope to hear others say this is true. My skin is awfull right now I have a bout 8 large cyst on my face!

Closed Thread