It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2005, 09:20 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

im1here HB User
(Yay!!!) women using NuvaRing please read

I've quit my BC pill for over a week now and my face has not looked this good in a LONG time. Problem is, I DON'T want another baby quite yet, and need something else. Hormonal approach isn't right for me anymore. Don't like condoms, don't really want to get an IUD. I've seen few posts re:Nuva Ring...I'm quite interested. Any thoughts? I have an OB appt on thursday-need to make some decisons.

Old 01-10-2005, 09:23 AM   #2

Skye826 HB User
Re: (Yay!!!) women using NuvaRing please read

Hi! I've been using the Nuva Ring for several months after having used OrthoTriCyclen pills for years. I haven't really noticed a difference in my skin between the ring and the pill. I really like the ring better than the pill though---it's so much easier for me to use and remember.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-10-2005, 10:05 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

PBABY HB User

I've been using Nuvaring for about 4 months now. It has not affected my skin in any way. I love it!! The hormones in it are soooo low. I have not had any side effects from it at all. No weight gain, no mood swings, no headaches.

Old 01-10-2005, 10:30 AM   #4

surenitynow HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by im1here
I've quit my BC pill for over a week now and my face has not looked this good in a LONG time. Problem is, I DON'T want another baby quite yet, and need something else. Hormonal approach isn't right for me anymore. Don't like condoms, don't really want to get an IUD. I've seen few posts re:Nuva Ring...I'm quite interested. Any thoughts? I have an OB appt on thursday-need to make some decisons.

hi
what bc pill did you quit?..and how long were you on it?...just wondering thanks

Last edited by surenitynow; 01-10-2005 at 10:31 AM.

Old 01-10-2005, 10:41 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

besafe20 HB User

Hi I am using nuva ring. I have noticed my skin breaking out occasionally (normally have very clear skin). It isn't a big deal and doesn't look bad my complexion is probably still considered close to perfect. I think this would happen to me with any bc method. When I was pregnant I had occasional break outs too which is similar to what I have experienced with nuva ring. I think nuva ring is a good route to go. I havent gained weight although I think my breasts have gotten bigger. They are probably the size they were when I was pregnant. Thats about it though. You should give it a shot.

Old 01-10-2005, 10:54 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

im1here HB User

While breastfeeding I used the minipill. Did not have problems until I stopped and switched to Ortho Tri Cyclen. I was moody, depressed and broke out with CYSTS. I switched to OTC-Lo...no change except my moods. Then I tried Estostep....no change. That was the last one I tried. I'd go back tho the mini pill but the thought of not having a period doesn't sit well with me...and I'm afraid I've used so many things since stopping that I'd start breaking out again.

Thanks for all of your replies...you've really helped. Any more input from others would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again!!!

Old 01-10-2005, 11:03 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Timber HB UserTimber HB User

NuvaRing *is* a hormonal method, just like the patch, pill or shot.

Old 01-20-2005, 07:31 AM   #8
(female)

skymom HB User

I have been using the "ring" for three months now and I LOVE IT!!! Only wish it would've been invented 20 years ago for me! I was the absolute worst person at taking my pills on a daily basis....it's amazing I never had any "OOPS babies". I have had no side effects, my skin is looking pretty good, and it is soooooo easy! My doctor gave me a starter kit that even came with this cool electronic timer that tells you when the three weeks are up to remove it and when to start a new one. If you don't have the timer, you can go on their website and use an identical one but just on your computer screen. My doc told me to insert it you can take a tampon, remove the pad part of it, stick the ring in there, and insert it that way, which works great. I was a little worried about removing the thing, but it's really no big deal, you reach up there and it's right there waiting like a little handle....I'd much rather do that than deal with trying to take that dang pill every day!

Old 01-20-2005, 07:35 AM   #9
(female)

skymom HB User

Oops, sorry, I hadn't noticed the part where you said the hormonal approach isn't for you, which of course you now know that the ring is just a slow-release birth control pill. Sorry, my enthusiasm got the best of me!

Closed Thread