It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2005, 11:23 AM   #1

Walker87 HB User
Car mirrors = Bane of all existence?

Okay so a little while ago I was driving with my friend in his car and I looked myself in the car mirror(I had made it a habit to not look in any mirror) and god i looked like my face was run down by a car or something. There were marks everywhere it was disgusting.

I go home and look in my normal mirror and I had what maybe 2 active zits, a couple of redmarks, and the barely visible remains of this rash I had.....I HATE CAR MIRRORS

Old 01-10-2005, 11:42 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

ForgottenFaith HB User
Re: Car mirrors = Bane of all existence?

Yeah, car mirrors are the worse.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-10-2005, 11:44 AM   #3
(female)

MommyPox HB User

I don't think it's the car mirrors. Look in any kind of mirror out in the bright sunlight and you will see the same thing. Even flouresent lights can do that. That's why when I do leave the house, I try to keep it in the evenings and out of the sunlight.

Old 01-10-2005, 11:54 AM   #4

Acid_Rain HB User

I've made it an habit never to look at my face in a car mirror. Those things distort reality so much and make you feel like garbage when you see your reflection in them.

The worst are bathroom mirrors in commercial establishments though. Whenever i go to the gym or to a restaurent and see my face in the mirror i'm completly mortified and feel like rushing home to hide from the whole world.

Old 01-10-2005, 12:14 PM   #5
Inactive

joey_brezinski HB User

so true. hotel mirrors = death.

Old 01-10-2005, 12:17 PM   #6

Lady_Raven HB User

I always thought I was the only one who thought this! I thought that when I looked in a car mirror, that's how I look to everyone all the time and it was devastating!!!

I'm so glad I'm not the only one.

Old 01-10-2005, 12:32 PM   #7
Inactive

sleppy210 HB User

omg, I was in Kmart with my bf and I looked in a mirror and was horrified! He looked into it and the look on his face told me he thought the same thing! Then I asked him, "do I really look like that?" And he said, "Noooooooooooooooo, you definitely DON'T"

Old 01-10-2005, 12:44 PM   #8

Lady_Raven HB User

I'm not superstitious so I'm just going to start breaking all mirrors that make me look bad. I really think it will help with my self esteem.
I have a full length mirror and so does my roommate. They're hung the exact same way but hers makes me look thinner... I wonder if she'd be willing to switch mirrors with me....

Old 01-10-2005, 03:28 PM   #9
Inactive
(male)

Needzhelp HB User

Car mirrorz aren't that bad even though they are horendous. The worst for me has to be any mirror at a makeup section. Or any white light in front of my face.

Old 01-10-2005, 04:00 PM   #10

aprilnichole HB User

you guys are all confusing "mirrors" with lighting.. come on!! mirrors don't change the way your face looks, the lighting at which you are in does. Natural light shows the way you really look. I hate being out in daylight and feel much more comfortable at night in my home or in restaurants and bars with low lighting. I even have long hair that covers the sides of my face and I wear a full face of makeup.. it sucks what acne has done to me. I just pray that come summer of 2005, these persistant red marks are a little better so I can go out in the sun all I want and not hide from it.

Old 01-10-2005, 05:03 PM   #11
Veteran
(female)

BJM04 HB User

I hate car mirrors,public restroom mirrors,makeup counter mirrors and dressing room mirrors..yuck....

Old 01-10-2005, 05:48 PM   #12
(female)

jazmella HB User

Oh man, I feel for everyone here...

Today, for instance, at work...I look at my face in a mirror and I'm like, "Oh God, that thing (my face) is just hideous today!!"

Then I go home and look in my bathroom mirror and I'm like, "Oh, that's better!" and I don't feel so ugly...What the heck! lol My bathroom mirror somehow magically transformed me, I swear!

Okay, okay, maybe it's the lighting, but I'm sticking with my magic-mirror story!

Bahh, whoever created acne will hear from me, that's for sure! *raises fist*

Last edited by jazmella; 01-10-2005 at 05:50 PM.

Old 01-10-2005, 06:07 PM   #13
Inactive

kerry1 HB User

Car mirrors are great for plucking your eyebrows. They have magnification or something.

Dressing room mirrors - horrors!!!!! Why don't they have soft lighting that makes you look good, so you'll buy the clothes?? I hardly ever buy the clothes.

Old 01-10-2005, 06:23 PM   #14
(male)

FranktheTank HB User

My highschool mirrors make me just wanna kill myself

Old 01-10-2005, 06:29 PM   #15
Veteran
(female)

Anibanani HB User

On the contrary I look better in my car mirror than the one at home. But anyway every year my goal is to have acneless and scarless skin by summertime and it hasn't happened yet but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this year. I feel for you guys though those stupid mirrors they got at malls or stores liike kohls just make me wanna crawl into a hole and never come out, those people are idiots I dunno how they ever sell anything with that lighting

Closed Thread