It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2005, 05:03 PM   #1
Senior Veteran

openseason HB User
acne a money maker for doctors

Acne is an ongoing condition that has no cure now. So doctors treat the symptoms and collect their fees. No one is really looking for a cure for acne because a cure would put derms out of business or greatly reduce their income. This is the way the medical business works. Treat the symptoms of a disease with medicines that give temporary relief from the symptoms, not the disease itself. I am certain no one is looking to cure acne. Add up what people spend just on acne cleansers each year. Who wants to end that cash cow

Old 01-10-2005, 06:33 PM   #2
(male)

FranktheTank HB User
Re: acne a money maker for doctors

So true and it really sucks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-10-2005, 06:37 PM   #3

shisimagum HB User

You are right! it would be bad if there is actually a cure. They wouldn't make any money. grrrr.

Old 01-10-2005, 06:39 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

dfwgoodguy HB User

Thats life buddy. Its the same with mental illnesses. ADD, ADHD, SCHIZOFRENIA, etc. All these medicines they perscribe, you think they are helping you? lol...If you only knew what was really going on in this world, homicide would be on the mind. :P

-and.....banned

Old 01-10-2005, 07:57 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

Needzhelp HB User

sad but true..... there has to be a good heart out there that really cares though...if someone did find the cure for acne do you know how rich they would be? INSTANT BILLIONAIRES!!!

Old 01-11-2005, 11:47 AM   #6

Acid_Rain HB User

Amen, that's why i've turned to natural cures long ago, i simply don't believe in our healthcare systems anymore. It's band-aid medical care. They don't help you stay healthy, they wait for you to get sick and then put you on a random drug.

Old 01-11-2005, 12:04 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

PBABY HB User

Couldn't agree with you more, Acid Rain. I've taken the same route you have and have had better results doing that than what the derm gave me.

The top 3 money-making medical professions (IMO):

Dentist (Gotta have good teeth to eat and gotta eat to live, don't you?)

Dermatologist (Hey, they're not just about acne anymore. Botox, cellulite removal, anti-aging procedures, etc... the list goes on)

Plastic surgeon (Just think-you get a face lift. You're gonna HAVE to go back to get it done again when your face starts to fall. Same with liposuction-eat all that food and go get it sucked back out again.)

Go into one of those medical professions, and you'll be guaranteed a very nice lifestyle!!

Sorry to vent.

Last edited by PBABY; 01-11-2005 at 12:07 PM.

Old 01-11-2005, 12:16 PM   #8
Inactive

joey_brezinski HB User

i love people who turn to "natural' drugs. anitbotics for acne are produced by bacteria. bacteria are natural im afraid your body doesnt know the difference between a chemical produced by a tree or one produced in the lab.

Old 01-11-2005, 12:41 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

PBABY HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey_brezinski
i love people who turn to "natural' drugs. anitbotics for acne are produced by bacteria. bacteria are natural im afraid your body doesnt know the difference between a chemical produced by a tree or one produced in the lab.

Not to flame, but it's funny how you're mocking people for something that works for them but yet, you have not found something that works for you, according to your other posts. If it works for someone, don't knock them for it. We are here to learn and share experiences-not to mock them or make fun of them.

Have a good day.

Old 01-11-2005, 12:42 PM   #10

Acid_Rain HB User

Antibiotics kill all the bacterias, good or bad, and cause much harm to your digestive system. I hardly call that a natural treatment.

Old 01-11-2005, 12:49 PM   #11
Inactive

joey_brezinski HB User

so do the same chemicals that your putting in your body through natural medicine. all you ever here is the positive effects of natural medicine but thats because theres no studies done on them. im not trying to make fun of anyone i just feel theres not enough debate on tihs board sometimes and it seems that when a person says something its taken by other ppl who are new members as solid evidence.

Old 01-11-2005, 01:54 PM   #12

Acid_Rain HB User

Oh please. Don't tell me cleansing with herbs such as licorice, ginger, echinnacea, golden seal, garlic and the highly beneficial probiotics can destroy your digestive system the way antibiotics do. Those herbs have been used for hundreds or even thousands of years in other cultures and have always gotten the job done without any dangerous side effects.

You simply cannot compare herbal treatments with antibiotics or accutane, they are nowhere near the same thing.

Old 01-11-2005, 03:35 PM   #13
(female)

jazmella HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid_Rain
You simply cannot compare herbal treatments with antibiotics or accutane, they are nowhere near the same thing.
Agreed. I don't trust most doctors and whomever else with my health (unless it's repairing a broken bone or something). I'd rather help myself first through herbs and the au-natural route. Don't want to poison myself with drugs! I'm trying to be healthy, not the opposite!

Old 01-11-2005, 08:41 PM   #14
Inactive

sleppy210 HB User

That's right! Natural remedies and such have been around for thousands of years, so we know the long-term effects this stuff has on people. We don't know what accutane is going to do the future 70 yr olds who took it in early life. I already have "bruises" on my shins from a buildup of minocycline that I took 3 years ago! I'm only 20 and they still havne't gone away. I'm now searching for a natural cure or remedy for my acne. I refuse to believe that only a prescription of something will cure me, or even keep me clear after stopping the use of it!

Old 01-11-2005, 08:44 PM   #15
Inactive

joey_brezinski HB User

i agree. im not taking monocycline anymore i believe it caused hyperpigmentation. but some medications such as those that effect the brain are hard to find in nature. without medication id be screwed(schizo and ocd).

Last edited by joey_brezinski; 01-11-2005 at 08:45 PM.

Closed Thread