It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2005, 09:38 PM   #1
(female)

tgoulart4 HB User
Talking I compelated accutane 9-04

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to let everyone know that I "had" mild to severe acne & its all gone now! yay! I started accutane in the middle of 04-2004 & compleated treatment 10-04. I want to let everyone know that so far its been the best choice i have ever made. I have no acne at all I get a few white heads here and there but nothing compared to what I use to get. I had alot of scaring that faded & is still fading.

The only side effects that I had was chapped lips & a had what looked like a cold sore for 1 month & then it came back two months later. I just want to tell everyone for those who have acne... take accutane & take it now before youra acne & scaring gets worse. Sure pimples come & go but the scaring stays & thats what takes lo long toget ride. Tkae accutane before more scaring occures. I don't belive you will regret it. But remember this post is just my opinion.

I wish I truley had done it sooner & I wouldn't have to be waiting now for my scaring togo away. The results are so amazing. Its one of the best choices I have ever made.

I just wanted to share this with those of you who are thinking about taking acutane. Trust me once you take it & your skin clears you'll prbably won't return to this board for a long time. I use to be on this board all the time & as I started to see reults the more excited I was the less time I spent on this board. I haven't even been on this board since 08-04. But I was washing my make up off this afternoon & looking at my face I thought about how my face use to be & thought about how I use to be on this board all the time & no longer felt the need to anymore.

I know many people are scared of the side effects. Most people just get chapped lips & dry eyes...oh yea and I was itchy for like two days only but it was worth it. You will feel so much better about yourself I belive.

I just want to make it clear these are just my opinions. Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2005, 07:28 AM   #2
(female)

hopeless118 HB User
Re: I compelated accutane 9-04

Hi, I was wondering how long it took you to see major results. I am on day 44 of accutane and my back has cleared up a lot..but i think it has made my face a little worse. Do you think that accutane isn't working for me? My lips are a little chapped and my skin gets a little dry, but nothing like i had expected. I sure hope this works.

Old 01-11-2005, 12:47 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

skimom HB User

Congratulations to you. I wish you continued success. Thank you for coming back to encourage others. My daughter finishes this week and she's clear (maybe one on her face) but compared to 50 it's pretty darn good. By scars, do you mean red marks? The doc gave her Epiquin for that and it's helping already. I'm stressed about her going off. Hopefully, the good results will last. I'll come back and let everyone know too.

Old 01-11-2005, 12:51 PM   #4
Inactive

joey_brezinski HB User

i hate my doctor. seriously im like is there anything you can do to help the red marks he simply says not to pick and i tried asking for a prescription for something but he wouldnt allow it what a *****.

Old 01-11-2005, 01:35 PM   #5
(female)

hopeless118 HB User

skimom- how long until your daughter had dramatic results?

Old 01-11-2005, 01:40 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

BostonGirl44 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by skimom
Congratulations to you. I wish you continued success. Thank you for coming back to encourage others. My daughter finishes this week and she's clear (maybe one on her face) but compared to 50 it's pretty darn good. By scars, do you mean red marks? The doc gave her Epiquin for that and it's helping already. I'm stressed about her going off. Hopefully, the good results will last. I'll come back and let everyone know too.
Hi skimom,

I'm glad to hear your daughter is finishing accutane this week. Going off it was pretty scary for me too since I was afraid all my problems would come back. It's been 4 1/2 months and I only had one pimple on my forehead.

Old 01-11-2005, 01:47 PM   #7

Acid_Rain HB User

Glad to hear you're one of those lucky people for who it worked.
Accutane was by far the worst thing to happen to me in my entire life, wish it worked for me too

Old 01-11-2005, 01:51 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

skimom HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopeless118
skimom- how long until your daughter had dramatic results?

Dramatic? I would say it's taken the whole 6 months. I always tell people that for some it's a long process but most see results in the end. I'm hoping for long term remission and that will truly be dramatic.

Old 01-11-2005, 01:52 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

skimom HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonGirl44
Hi skimom,

I'm glad to hear your daughter is finishing accutane this week. Going off it was pretty scary for me too since I was afraid all my problems would come back. It's been 4 1/2 months and I only had one pimple on my forehead.

Congratulations bostongirl - I'm so happy for you.

Old 01-11-2005, 01:54 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

skimom HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid_Rain
Glad to hear you're one of those lucky people for who it worked.
Accutane was by far the worst thing to happen to me in my entire life, wish it worked for me too

Please elaborate for us. I know I'm curious as to what you mean. It's important for all of us to hear the good and the bad. Please tell us your dosage and length of time of your course.

Old 01-11-2005, 07:03 PM   #11

Acid_Rain HB User

I was on 80mg a day for 6 months. 40mg in the morning and another 40 before bed.

It helped with the oily skin problem, it helped me get rid of comedones on my nose but it made me broke out like crazy after 2 weeks. I never had acne on my cheeks, but while on accutane i developped enormous bumps on my cheeks. I tend to pick at my face but those things were so painful i didn't dare to touch them at all. First time it happened i had 1 on each cheek and one day i was taking a shower and the hot water maked them both pop. They most have bled for a good 30 minutes. During my courseof accutane i had 7 of those monstrous things, and now i have 7 gigantic craters in my face that i'm probably stuck with for the rest of my life because of accutane. They're all around the same size as the smilies we have on these forums

Ironically, the dermatologist who prescribed me this drug wrecked my face for the rest of my life and now i have to waste even more money on other dermatologists for injections to fix the whole mess. I'm currently seeing the best derm in Quebec and he's tried pretty much every product he has to fill up the scars. At first the scars are gone and my skin is fine, but after 2-3 weeks, whatever he's injected into the scars seems to just vanish overnight. He says it's the first time he ever sees something like this happen. Next week i'm going to visit him again and we'll try a new product that just came up, but it's very expensive. I've already spend 3000$ CAD on this, next week it'll be 4000$. Good thing my parents are helping me pay most of it heh.

Old 01-11-2005, 09:25 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

skimom HB User

Acid Rain - My daughter broke out real bad at first too and has some scarring from that. She seems to be taking it in stride as she has her whole course. Have you thought about dermabrasion or Co2 treatments and not just injections? There are alot of treatments now for scarring. I wish you luck. Have your breakouts subsided at least? How long ago were you on accutane?

Old 01-12-2005, 09:06 AM   #13

Acid_Rain HB User

I was on it for 6 months and it worsened my acne a lot.

Old 01-12-2005, 10:37 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

skimom HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid_Rain
I was on it for 6 months and it worsened my acne a lot.

So, are you saying that your acne never went away and that you were left with acne and scarring?

Old 01-12-2005, 10:50 AM   #15

Acid_Rain HB User

I had lot of small whiteheads before accutane, mostly on my forehead and around my mouth. After accutane, i stopped getting those but they've been replaced by big cysts that take so long to heal and i'm also stuck with the scars i've mentioned before.

Closed Thread