It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2005, 10:43 PM   #1
(male)

steven12345 HB User
adult acne aftermath: scars, pits, blackheads, clogged pores

many of us searching for temporary ance solutions might have future long-term scaring. Blackheads seem to never go away and scars don't either. any solutions to help clogged pores and black heads becuase that is my problem. when ever i unclog my pores it leavesan ugly big open pore. any solutions for this or scarring??? oh and my poors are filled with a nasty white pastey gross substance. uhhgg. help!!!

Old 05-19-2005, 04:29 AM   #2
(female)

LOtRsfan HB User
Re: adult acne aftermath: scars, pits, blackheads, clogged pores

have you tried holding your face over a bowl of hot water, and placing a towl over your head to stop the hot water escaping, to open to pores,for 10 mins or until your face starts sweating then you cleanse your face with whatever cleanser you use, and then afterwards close your pores by getting a flannel and patting cold water over your face, or just splashing your face with water, and then pat dry?...i doesn't work for me, but maybe it will work for you...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-10-2007, 08:40 PM   #3
(female)

jamiew22 HB User

I read this trick in a book and it seems to work. Take an ice cube and rub it all over your face for a minute or two. Then take some kind of benzoyl poroxide solution and massage that over your face-kind of like how you would a cleanser. Massage all over your face and be carefull to make sure your face stays cold. I usually went back over it with the ice cube while the cream is on my face. After massaging for a few minutes just kind of let it sit on your face for a minute or two. Then, take a dry wash cloth or a towl and WIPE the solution off your face. Make sure you wipe it off dry and don't wash it off with water. Your face will feel smooth and it kills germs. As far as the benzoyl poroxide(sp?) solution, any kind of spot treatment from clearasil or such will work. When you add water to it, or it mixes with the water on your face, it turns into a lotion of sorts. Also, try the asprin mask too. There are several ways to make it but I make mine with asprin mixed with a little witch hazel and aloe vera gel for consistency. Use it like a mask then wash it off like a scrub. Only do that once a week or so because you don't want too much irritation to your face.

Old 01-11-2007, 05:57 AM   #4
Inactive

lindamh HB User

Aspirin mask.

Old 01-16-2007, 09:37 AM   #5
(female)

Nopales HB User

try rubbing a small drop of jojoba oil onto your face or the affected areas in the morning and/or at night...jojoba oil simulates sebum and helps regulate your normal sebum production- and it helps lubricate your pores to help them be less congested.

I even tried putting a thin layer of jojoba oil on before I put a bentonite clay masque on - and this really helped the masque draw out block pores and blackheads...

Also, jojoba oil has anti-oxidant qualities that are great for the skin and that also help fade red marks

Last edited by Nopales; 01-16-2007 at 09:40 AM.

Old 01-17-2007, 02:59 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

waterlily HB User

Aspirin mask is one of my favorites. It helps with minor blackheads and clogged pores, but it won't help with pits. Same for jojoba oil which helps with small blackheads and clogged pores but not pits.

I suggest you also look into Epidermx microdermabrasion and Silkia camellia oil. These 2 knocked out all the problems you are facing for me - pits, blackheads and clogged pores, and then some ... meaning much better looking skin with great clarity and evenness. I don't have any more blackheads, no clogs, very little breakouts (and pimples heal with fast then they come) and best of all I can hardly see the acne scar pitting on my forehead any more though I still have to work on those above my lips.

Closed Thread