It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2005, 07:01 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

scouselad1974 HB User
Back To Basics

Hi, About 6 month's ago i decided to stop treating my skin problemswith B.P as my face seemed to be very flaky, I was sceptical about stopping this product as it is the only thing that can control my skin problems.
Anyway the past 6 months have been a nightmare,one minute my skin seems ok and the next it erupts i can't get it under control at all and worst of all it's still a bit flaky so obviousley this is another condition and nothing to do with the B.P.
Anway on Sunday night i decided to restart with B.P 5% and I will continue using my regular simple routine of cleansing with a facial wipe, appying B.P and also applying moisturizer to areas that require it only.
I will let you know as soon as i see improvement, usually for me this is in around 1 or 2 weeks with B.P NOT MONTHS LIKE MANY OTHER PRODUCTS

Old 01-11-2005, 07:28 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

jojo64 HB User
Re: Back To Basics

Why use such a high percentage of BP? Start with a lower percentage, which is usually just as effective without the harshness. If the lower percentagee doesn't work THEN move up to the 5%.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2005, 07:29 AM   #3

Terihe HB User

I too wanted to stop bp only because of the aging issue as it causes oxidation on the skin and at my age long term use isn't a good option. Yes, 47 and still get acne. I started using glycolic acid creams, (aha's) I use MD forte they have three strengths. 15%, 20% and 30%. This helps my acne alot and also helps with fine lines and wrinkles. Start with the 15% and start out at night only. Glycolics take a little getting used to. It will sting mildly at first application. You can help this by applying 15 minutes after you wash. Then when used to nights add the daytime. Make sure to wear a s/s of at least 15. You will break out more the first couple of weeks. This is acne that is under the skin that has not come up yet. Other brands, alpha hydrox, and glytone. (a little less money) Good luck!

Old 01-11-2005, 08:21 AM   #4

shisimagum HB User

What BP causes oxidation on your skin? I never knew that. Can someone tell me more information about this?

Old 01-11-2005, 10:05 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

scouselad1974 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo64
Why use such a high percentage of BP? Start with a lower percentage, which is usually just as effective without the harshness. If the lower percentagee doesn't work THEN move up to the 5%.
Hi I have tried the 2.5% in the past and it didn't work for me i think it may be because the brand i use currently also includes an antiseptic agent and it seems to help the B.P work more efficently.

Closed Thread