It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2005, 02:11 PM   #1
eddiesbaby

Low Carb / No sugar worked for me I think

Hello. I came here to post about back pain, but thought I would stop by and post since My acne mysteriously cleared about 9 months ago.

It was awful. I had those zits that were big. They were deep and if one came it would stay for months. Mainly in the t zone and around mouth, between eyes etc.

Anyway, after a friend saw the proactive commercial, she wanted me to try it. I thought about it, but I didn't have the money to order it from tv.
I was in the middle of one of my breakouts and I saw some stuff at walmart while looking at new cleansers. It was the acnefree product that says compare to proactive. It is like 17.99 - 19.99. Anyway, I picked it up.
At this same time, I was starting the low carb diet with my friend.
I cut down on carbs. 50 or less a day, plus, no sugar. Or at least very little.

Anyway, My face overwhelmed me when it became smooth and clear like never before! I was amazed and so glad I had bought the acne free stuff.
I went through 3 new things of it, but the lotion of it was adding up because it didn't go as fast as the cleanser and toner. So, I decided in august since my face was crystal clear, and never had been (by the way I am now 36) that I would look at the ingrediants and buy something simular to the cleanser and toner and just use the lotion. I vowed if I got a zit I would go back to the cleanser, and toner. Anyway, I found the oxyclean with benzoyl peroxide cleanser in tall bottle, and plain witch hazel. So, I used this in combination wiht the left over acne free lotion. Still, after 5 months of doing this, NOT ONE BUMP. NOT ONE!!!!!!! This is like a miracle. I don't know if it is the acne free method or the low carb diet that did this. All I know is that I am not using the complete acne free anymore and still on the no sugar low carb diet and my face is so so clear. Very oily but clear. Never a breakout anymore. No more scars, etc.

It is the first time in my life since 7th grade that this has happened to me.
So , my advice is if you are having breakouts and can't get rid of the bumps with acnefree/proactive, etc. Try cutting out carbs and sugar and see if that works!

Thanks,
Candace

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2005, 03:14 PM   #2
(female)

LauraOSU05 HB User
Re: Low Carb / No sugar worked for me I think

Hi Candace -

Glad you found something to work for you! Part of my New Years Resolution this year is to start working out more and cut out some carbs from my diet. I want to lose 15 pound and am starting out very slowly...no pasta at all...weening off potato products...only eating the low-carb bread...and drinking tons of water!

I know from the boards that a lot of people have controlled their diet to help their skin and overall health and well-being. So far, my skin has been looking a little bit better! I have had a cyst on my chin for almost a week and it seems to be going away slowly but surely--without me trying to pop it!

I also added Klaron Lotion to my topical routine, take One-a-day Weight Smart vitamin, and was switched to TriNessa 28 BCP. I can't wait to see more results (hopefully)! Good luck!

Old 01-11-2005, 06:24 PM   #3
eddiesbaby

well, I am sure it was the diet thing for me that cleared my skin. I think cutting out the carbs might have helped. It is hard to believe that high fat food can help clear skin, but, here i am! Although I try to stay away from too much saturated fat.

I don't really drink much water. I should drink more for sure.
My skin just won't break out anymore. Its like a new face.
I don't know what happened! Other than like I said, I bought the acne free, then went on the low carb diet, plus stay away from sugar.

I had those deep cyst pimples all my life, up until just a few months ago.
Now I hope they are gone forever!

By the way, I just had a bowl of low carb sugar free ice cream sweetened with splenda. I also joined curves in October and Lost 6 inches in 1 month.

Old 01-17-2005, 07:13 PM   #4
(female)

Enfyniti1980 HB User

I made a post about this a year ago because the same thing happened to me. I went on Atkins to lose weight and literally had no carbs for 2 months. My skin miraculously cleared up (and I lost 20 pounds! lol) and I wondered what it was. Unfortunately, my acne came back with a vengeance and even though I restarted Atkins, it's still bad.
It must have some connection, though!

Closed Thread