It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2005, 04:13 PM   #1
(female)

TKK3 HB User
Thumbs up Aztec Secret...

Hey, just thought I would tell everyone about this new product I have started using. It is called Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay. It is a mud mask from the Dead Sea in California and it comes in powder. You add vinegar to the powder to form a really neat mask and cover the effected area (for me, my face, shoulders and upper back). You then let it dry for about 15 minutes and you can actually feel it tightening on your skin. It cracks when it is dry and works by its drying action. I think it is great at drying out existing acne but have not used it long enough (two days) to know if it is good at preventing future breakouts. The neat thing is it does not seem to dry my skin out the way bp does, my skin feels great afterwards. It is very refreshing.

I got it at the health food store and it was about $6.00. when you add the vinegar (it says to use apple vinegar), it fizzes up in a neat reaction. It feels very good putting it on and then I just sit in front of the t.v. for 15-20 minutes and jump in the shower. It really helps to decrease the oil production, it seems. I still moisturize after using it, with Dove essential moisture lotion for sensitive skin.

Anyway...let me know if anyone else uses it and if they find it helpful.

Old 01-11-2005, 06:48 PM   #2

Acid_Rain HB User
Re: Aztec Secret...

I've been using this product for 2 months now and i LOVE it. It gets ride of virtually all the comedones i have my my nose, it helps my old scars heal faster and it decreases oil production too.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-12-2005, 05:52 AM   #3
(female)

TKK3 HB User

I am so glad someone else has had good results with this. It is actually a pain sometimes because it is messy and takes a while to dry. But, on the upside, it forces me to just relax for at least 15 minutes!!! I hope it continues to help!!

Old 01-13-2005, 09:21 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

kme0021 HB User

How often should you use the mask? Did it clear up your acne?

Old 01-14-2005, 06:15 AM   #5
Inactive

shannamarie36 HB User

What type of cleansers and moisturizers is everyone combining with Aztec Secret? Just a simple cleanse and moisturize routine?

Old 01-14-2005, 09:10 PM   #6
(female)

TKK3 HB User

I have now been using Aztec clay mask for 1 week. I know it is not very long...but, believe me, I have had the worst body acne of my life over the last year and I have tried so many things. Even though it has been only a week, the results are dramatic. I have only one active pimple and it is in an area I have not used the mask. I have been using it at least one time a day, twice if I have time. I mix it with apple cider vinegar and leave it on for about 20 minutes. I then take a shower and use a salytic acid scrub once a day. For moisturizing purposes, I just use Dove Sensitive Skin lotion 3-4 times a week.

I am really happy that something is working for me after struggling with my skin for so, so long. I actually have been dealing with acne since 19. Some things have worked periodically and I went through a long period of time I couldn't use anything because I was having babies and nursing. Anyway...try it and see if it works!!!!

Old 01-14-2005, 09:19 PM   #7

rdj2006 HB User

So you put it on and chill for 20 minutes then wash it off?

Closed Thread