It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2005, 07:10 PM   #1
Inactive

joey_brezinski HB User
i dont understand

some people on this site are going to the depths of the earths core to find a cure for acne but im just going through puberty. are most of you people who are out of puberty and thats why your looking for these cures?

i just dont see the need to change my entire world if this is something everyone experiences. but if its more then just that for the rest of you then i understand and i wish you luck.

Old 01-11-2005, 10:15 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mecpcpj HB User
Re: i dont understand

I agree. During puberty or even into your early 20s everyone gets it at some point! So, it's really nothing to be ashamed of. As long as you keep cleansing and wait for your hormones to balance out you'll be fine. But, like you said, maybe some people are past puberty

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2005, 10:17 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Timber HB UserTimber HB User

Most of us are adults past puberty who are still suffering from acne.

You're right - for lots of people, acne is a normal adolescent experience that they "grow out of," but some people continue to break out for years afterward.

When a person has had acne for 10, 15 or 20 years, it takes a serious toll on their feelings about themselves and they start to get pretty desperate. It's not fun to deal with this every single day, year after year.

Hopefully, you will not have this problem and will leave your acne behind when you're done with puberty

Last edited by Timber; 01-11-2005 at 10:18 PM. Reason: fixing errors

Old 01-11-2005, 11:40 PM   #4
(male)

i am a guy HB User

i am almost 20 but am still going through puberty and just hope taking care of my skin for now will result in clear skin when im done with this whole puberty thing. from my experience, most people on this board have had acne for many years... at least the people who answer questions.

Old 01-12-2005, 02:59 AM   #5
Veteran

AccutaneAvenger HB User

From what I can gather, I'd say there are at least half the people on this board in puberty, probably a little over. Almost all of the long term members are people who have battled acne well after puberty.
And I shall be clothed again with my SKIN, and in my flesh I shall see God." [Job 19:25]

Old 01-12-2005, 03:32 AM   #6
Inactive

Vana HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey_brezinski
some people on this site are going to the depths of the earths core to find a cure for acne but im just going through puberty. are most of you people who are out of puberty and thats why your looking for these cures?

i just dont see the need to change my entire world if this is something everyone experiences. but if its more then just that for the rest of you then i understand and i wish you luck.
Joey
I wouldn't quite say I'm going to the depths of the earth to find a cure - maybe to the earth's outer most layers! lol! I'm not trying to cure acne - I'm trying to clear the effects of acne ie scarring and pitting. Your face is what people see first so of course it's going to be important to some people. If you feel your face is less than perfect because of scarring (which is how I feel) then of course you're going to want to do something about it. I'm 35. I've had crap skin for 20 years. I would feel so much more gorgeous if I had good skin - that's it in a nutshell for me - vanity. None of my friends have skin like mine. My husband has better skin than me.

I hate my skin and I won't be satisfied til it's clear of scars. I want to be able to look in a mirror and not cringe. End of story.

Old 01-12-2005, 06:56 AM   #7
Senior Veteran

openseason HB User

I can save you a lot of time, forget the cleansing, because acne is not caused by dirt or unclean skin IMO

Old 01-12-2005, 07:29 AM   #8

Acid_Rain HB User

Openseason when we talk about cleansing it generally refers to internal cleansing(getting rid of toxins, balancing hormones, etc).

And Joey, i agree that for those who are going through puberty, radical solutions are not always necessary, although a few changes to your habits can always help balance your hormones faster and help you get rid of acne faster. But some of us have been plagued by acne for more than 10 years. Our puberty's been over for a while and the acne hasn't improved. I don't get small whiteheads like most teens do, i'm getting those big, red and painful things that take months to heal, and i can tell you from experience that the only thing helping me is natural remedies and a healthy lifestyle. I've tried every OTC product, accutane and tetracycline and they've done more harm than good for me. In fact, they've ONLY done harm.

Old 01-12-2005, 02:40 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

curiousP HB User

acid rain,

how bad was your acne before you started accutane? Are you implying that after you got off accutane your acne was worse than it was before and if you don't mind me asking where did you have your acne was it just your face or face and body? How long was your accutane course and didn't the doc think something was wrong when you weren't seeing results after like the fourth month? did you have scarring before accutane or no?

Old 01-12-2005, 08:09 PM   #10

Acid_Rain HB User

6 months on 80mg a day, i had moderate acne around my mouth and sometimes on my forehead. After accutane i got big red cysts instead, they can appear anywhere on my face and 7 of them left big craters on my cheeks and they won't heal after more than a year.

Edit: Derm just says it's normal and that you have to finish the accutane for good results. Basically he could care less as long as he gets paid.

Last edited by Acid_Rain; 01-12-2005 at 08:10 PM.

Old 01-13-2005, 09:30 AM   #11
Veteran
(female)

curiousP HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid_Rain
6 months on 80mg a day, i had moderate acne around my mouth and sometimes on my forehead. After accutane i got big red cysts instead, they can appear anywhere on my face and 7 of them left big craters on my cheeks and they won't heal after more than a year.

Edit: Derm just says it's normal and that you have to finish the accutane for good results. Basically he could care less as long as he gets paid.
you mean to say that you have been off accutane for over a year? or that you know that craters don't heal after you have had them for over a year?

Old 01-13-2005, 09:42 AM   #12
eddiesbaby

I am 36 and had it really bad at times around my mouth in my twenties.
It was bad as a teen also, but not as bad as in the twenties. It has finally gone away!

I made a thread about how I got rid of mine, and believe me, I had tried everything.
Dermotologist prescribed to store bought.

Old 01-13-2005, 01:47 PM   #13
Veteran
(female)

curiousP HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiesbaby
I am 36 and had it really bad at times around my mouth in my twenties.
It was bad as a teen also, but not as bad as in the twenties. It has finally gone away!

I made a thread about how I got rid of mine, and believe me, I had tried everything.
Dermotologist prescribed to store bought.
i can't find your thread what is it called or can you just tell me how you got rid of it please?

Old 01-13-2005, 04:37 PM   #14

Zip HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey_brezinski

I've had acne for 30 years

Old 01-13-2005, 04:56 PM   #15
Inactive

joey_brezinski HB User

i feel really bad for you. life sucks eh it feels like were wasting so much time. i hate this.

Closed Thread