It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2005, 02:46 PM   #1

drealuv HB User
Question about Cortisone Shots?

Hi,
Ok, I developed this pimple about a month ago, it was huge at first. I've been putting bp and hydrocortisone on it and the swelling has gone down a bit and so has the redness, but it's still there, it's still alittle bit swollen and red and it doesn't seem to be getting better in the past week or so. I am going to the derm tommarrow, my question is, how big does the zit have to be to get a cortisone shot, would I still be able to get one eventhough it's not as bit as it was before and how effected will it be. This pimple is on my nose!!! So I really really need it off, it's like the worst place it could be.

Old 01-12-2005, 02:55 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

BostonGirl44 HB User
Re: Question about Cortisone Shots?

When I got shots, I had some that were massive and some that weren't so big. Sometimes derms are reluctant to give the shots because too much of the injection can leave an indent. I once had an indent and let me tell you, it was way better than a huge cyst for everyone to gawk at.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-13-2005, 11:55 AM   #3
(female)

nutella161 HB User

I've got this cystic bump on my adomen.. Goodness knows how it happened anyway, but this has been the 3rd in the span of 2 yrs ... The first 2 bumps were injected with cortisone, and the 3rd was attempted with a cortisone inject too, but it didn't reduce the swell this time! Then it got redder and the swell underneath started to spread even more, and I returned to my doc, who in turn helped me burst the thing to allow some of the pus to ooze out ... and also I've been ordered to go on Ethromycin for 5 days.

Now the bump is only slighter smaller, but I can still feel a bump underneath. I don't really think my doc did expel all the pus out, cuz I can still see a risen surface. I'm still on the oral antibiotics. Should I seek a 2nd opinion, and get another cortisone injection to banish this for good? I don't care about indents, it's on the stomach anyway. All I'm concerned is that I am going on a holiday soon, and this is the last thing I want ruining any part of it ...

Pls advise, thanks!

Old 01-13-2005, 01:38 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

curiousP HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonGirl44
When I got shots, I had some that were massive and some that weren't so big. Sometimes derms are reluctant to give the shots because too much of the injection can leave an indent. I once had an indent and let me tell you, it was way better than a huge cyst for everyone to gawk at.
boston girl,

hey, you mentioned that you once had an indent, I was just wondering if you still had it or what you did to get rid of it.

Old 01-13-2005, 01:46 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

BostonGirl44 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousP
boston girl,

hey, you mentioned that you once had an indent, I was just wondering if you still had it or what you did to get rid of it.
Hey CuriousP,

Nope, the indent is gone. It's like nothing was ever there. The indent lasted about 2 months or so. It wasn't anything too bad so I could live with it.

Old 01-13-2005, 04:45 PM   #6
(female)

Wifey HB User

I had my first cortisone shots today. I have this pimple on my chin that has been there since August!! So the derm shot it with cortisone 3 times and then gave one shot to a smaller pimple that I got recently. I can't wait to see how it works.

Old 01-14-2005, 10:20 AM   #7
(female)

nutella161 HB User

... gave one shot to a smaller pimple that I got recently. I can't wait to see how it works.[/QUOTE]

Congrats on your first shots! Shouldn't be a problem there, I feel the shots actually do wonders. I think it's time for me to seek 2nd opinion with another doc who's more gungho about injecting right onto bumps. When I look at the last failed injection, it does look slightly out of focus!

Closed Thread