It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2005, 10:32 PM   #1
(male)

tower0509 HB User
Accutane Questions...

Wassup guys,
I just started accutane 2 days ago at 40 mg a day. I have acne pretty bad on my back and chest and I am sure that accutane will clear it up. How long was it before ya'll started to see results? I just want to know what to expect, and I am also pretty excited that I will finally have good skin after years of antibiotics.

Thanks

Old 01-13-2005, 08:36 AM   #2
(female)

kta HB User
Re: Accutane Questions...

Congratulations on starting Accutane! I know how much it sucks to wait around for your derm to finally prescribe it. As for how long it takes to see results, it really depends on the person. I have completed two months of Accutane, and I am almost completely clear. I have 1 pimple on my back and 2 or 3 on my face. I have heard of people being completely clear after one month, and I have also heard of people not clearing up until the end of treatment. I guess it just depends on how your body reacts to it. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-13-2005, 12:28 PM   #3
(male)

Earlman HB User

Hey Tower. I just started 40mg's 2 days ago as well. I've started a thread called "Ian's accutane Journal", and would love to share progress reports and experiences with you. If you feel like it post your thoughts and updates there when you can.

Old 01-13-2005, 12:58 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

PBABY HB User

Hi Tower!

The times I took Accutane, it took about 4-6 weeks for my acne to start clearing up (face, chest, back, neck). Approximately 9-12 weeks into the course, I was completely clear.

Old 01-19-2005, 09:31 AM   #5
(male)

tower0509 HB User

pbaby, i have a couple of questions for you.

1. how bad did you have acne on your body?

2. how many times did you take accutane and why did it not work the first time?

3. are you clear now? if so, how did you get clear or did you grow out of it?

thanks

Old 01-19-2005, 01:21 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

arock HB User

hey tower. good luck with the accutane! i've been on it since nov 11th and have had a helluva time with it. i'm on 40 mg/day and am still breaking out. i'm also on 20mg/day of prednisone and have had to have cortisone injections twice. my "initial breakout" was so bad i wouldn't leave my house for a week, and cried in my derm's office. very embarrassing, and horribly painful too. but i'm told that most people don't react that way, maybe it's b/c i'm old (30), or maybe bc i was on antibiotics for so long, who knows? it's calming down now, but with still some breakouts.

even so, i'm seeing improvement every day and trying to keep my head up about it. as bad as acne is when you're 18 or 25, it's so much worse at 30, so i'm willing to do whatever it takes!

on the upside, my side effects have been limited to chapped lips, for which i use burt's beeswax lip balm and bonne belle! two products that absolutely work, last for a long time and are CHEAP! plus they smell good. i've also been taking fish oil pills, a multi-vitamin, and 400iu of vitamin e for about the past week or so.

oh yeah, and i got the rash on the backs of my hands, i use lubriderm for that, but anything is better than nothing, i'll even rub olive oil on them when i'm cooking, works great! this is supposed to be the miracle cure for acne, i've been battling it for almost ten years, now i have three months to go! best of luck to you tower!

Closed Thread