It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2005, 10:23 AM   #1
Inactive

sleppy210 HB User
Talking Hey! Do you have clear skin now? Tell us what you use!

Ok. What kind of acne do you have? What supplements do you take that you believe have made you clear and at what dosage? What products do you use on your face that you swear by?

I've been taking: Zinc, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, B-complex 100 mgs, Olay evening primrose, Vitex, Saw Palmetto, Alpha-Lipoic Acid, and drinking green tea. I've been taking Zinc, Vita A, and b-complex for 3 months now and they make me heal faster. I just started everything else, plus Udo's Choice Oil Blend. I no longer have severely dry skin because of the evening primrose and Vitamin E. I started using neutrogena healthy skin aha cleanser and it made me break out extremely bad plus with red spots all over my face, so I won't know how this stuff is all working for another month. I'm trying to stop the habit of picking, so that will help too. But I'm sure most of the people on here would like to know what supplements got people clear, or on the road to being clear!

Old 01-13-2005, 11:17 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

PBABY HB User
Re: Hey! Do you have clear skin now? Tell us what you use!

Hi!

I take b-complex, saw palmetto, and zinc. I do drink green tea occasionally, but I can't tell if it's really had any affect on my acne. The supplements have cleared up my chest and back acne 99%. My face is pretty clear. I get a few spots here and there, but I can deal with it. I use African Black soap to wash with (during the winter time) and Auromere Ayurvedic soap to wash with during the warmer months. I also use Jojoba Oil to moisturize and sometimes use 100% Aloe Vera Gel at night. I don't use topicals (bp, sa) anymore. I used to use Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask to treat spots but stopped doing that. I use a mud mask once a week (Aztec Secret).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-13-2005, 01:39 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

curiousP HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBABY
Hi!

I take b-complex, saw palmetto, and zinc. I do drink green tea occasionally, but I can't tell if it's really had any affect on my acne. The supplements have cleared up my chest and back acne 99%. My face is pretty clear. I get a few spots here and there, but I can deal with it. I use African Black soap to wash with (during the winter time) and Auromere Ayurvedic soap to wash with during the warmer months. I also use Jojoba Oil to moisturize and sometimes use 100% Aloe Vera Gel at night. I don't use topicals (bp, sa) anymore. I used to use Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask to treat spots but stopped doing that. I use a mud mask once a week (Aztec Secret).
is there a particular reason you stopped using Queen Helen and where can i get Aztec secret in canada?

Old 01-13-2005, 01:50 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

PBABY HB User

I stopped using the Queen Helene for spot treatment b/c it was just rubbed off on my pillow at night. But I do use it sometimes on my entire face, usually when I'm too lazy to do the Aztec Secret. The Aztec Secret has to be mixed with water or apple cider vinegar, and sometimes I just don't feel like doing the mixing (like I said-just lazy LOL LOL). I got the Aztec Secret at my local health food store here in the US. They do have a website plus check out the thread here that was started recently-"Aztec Secret". Queen Helene is still a good mask, but the Aztec Secret is better and more powerful!!!! If you get some, you'll see what I mean!!!

Old 01-13-2005, 04:42 PM   #5

Zip HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleppy210
Ok. What kind of acne do you have? What supplements do you take that you believe have made you clear and at what dosage? What products do you use on your face that you swear by?
I've had acne for 30 years... the painful, inflammatory kind. Tried a bunch of topicals that didn't work or irritated my skin. Bought Murad "Acne Complex Kit" and was TOTALLY clear in 5 days. I have never gotten another pimple, and it has been months already. I still can't believe it!

Old 01-13-2005, 06:03 PM   #6
Inactive

crazyabout blue HB User

Well In Hand - Zero Zits. I just started using their Kreamy Kleanzers and it works great!!

The Aztecs Secret is the best mask. I stopped using Queen Helene. Hey PBABY, how often do you use the Aztecs Secret mask or what is it recommended usage?

Old 01-13-2005, 06:34 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

skimom HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip
I've had acne for 30 years... the painful, inflammatory kind. Tried a bunch of topicals that didn't work or irritated my skin. Bought Murad "Acne Complex Kit" and was TOTALLY clear in 5 days. I have never gotten another pimple, and it has been months already. I still can't believe it!

One mans medicine is another's poison. Murad was poison in my family.

Old 01-13-2005, 06:40 PM   #8
Inactive

crazyabout blue HB User

wats that mean?

Old 01-13-2005, 08:59 PM   #9
(male)

FranktheTank HB User

Yea murad sucked for me too.

Old 01-14-2005, 01:38 AM   #10
Veteran

turbonamja HB User

murad brought out my texture of my skin a lot better. it also made me break out worse on my jawline and forehead ... cystic acne at that. proactive just made me red all the time and did not really do anything for me.

Closed Thread