It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2005, 12:58 PM   #1

Erika1 HB User
Neosporin

Has anyone had any luck with putting Neosporin all over their face? I am having one of the worst breakouts of my life after stopping my birth control pill. I tried this last night, and it seems to be bringing everything to the surface. Could this bad breakout be from overwashing my face due to the increased oil from stopping the pill? Maybe my face is so dry, the zits can't come to the surface to be washed away. Please help!!!

Old 01-22-2005, 04:47 PM   #2
(female)

FionaGreer HB User
Re: Neosporin

i've been waiting for my face to heal for 2 weeks now from a glycolic acid mistake. tonight I washed my face and put neosporin my the red spots and current zits, and it's helping a lot!! I just hope it doesn't cause me to break out.

i'm posting this to bump this post up, cuz I'm curious too

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2005, 08:35 PM   #3
(female)

acnescargirl HB User

i think it will clog your pores. if you have a burn or cut or something on your face, than i think it is worth the risk. id be afraid to put it on my whole face. dermatoligst can give you some antibioitc gels that dont clog pores like clindamyacin *dont know if its the same tho * good luck! let us know if it works for ya

Old 01-23-2005, 12:13 PM   #4
(female)

FionaGreer HB User

what if u use it as a spot treatment

Old 01-23-2005, 02:19 PM   #5
(female)

MSUstudent HB User

I have used it for scabs and it doesn't make me break out. I wouldn't, however, put it all over my entire face. Putting a bandage over the spot helps to keep the neosporin on the scab where it belongs, so try that.

Old 01-23-2005, 03:54 PM   #6
(female)

jennazz02 HB User

i usually put antibiotic cream on a bandaide and cover the pimple. it usually heals by the next morning.

Old 02-14-2005, 08:04 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

Lalli HB User

neosporin is a godsend. it's taken my face back 90% in 2 weeks of use. my face is 90% better and healed. It's helped acne, red marks, and scars sooooooo much, I'm so thankful

Old 02-14-2005, 10:56 AM   #8
Inactive

Takara HB User

Neosporin has mineral oil in it which willl will clog pores in most people. Hydrogen peroxide works much better as a spot treatment (not for all over) and will not clog pores but kills the bacteria just as well.

Old 02-14-2005, 12:56 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

curiousP HB User

is neosporin the same thing as polysporin?

Old 02-25-2005, 06:58 PM   #10
Inactive
(female)

Lalli HB User

i don't know.... anyone know the difference? or if they're the same?

Old 02-26-2005, 04:56 AM   #11
Inactive

cln5462 HB User

I use it for spot treatment only: I put a dab on the pimple and cover it with a small round band aid. This works really well, in fact, miraculous. I put it on before bed and wake up with a remnant of a pimple and less redness. But I would never put it all over my face.

Don't worry about the initial breakout from going off the pill. It only lasts a couple of weeks. I too had the worst breakout ever after I stopped using the pill.

Old 02-27-2005, 12:25 AM   #12
(female)

anilorak HB User

no, no, no... don't put it all over your face!The bacteria will eventually become resistant and your break-outs will come back, maybe even worse. I agree that neosporin is a wonderful thing for acne, but only as a spot treatment.

I ONLY use the CREAM version. The ointment causes more pimples on my skin. When I go to the drugstore, I look at the ingredients list of all antibacterial creams available and try to look for one which has the least amount of clogging ingredients.

Also.. the only time I actually use it is if I've picked at a zit. There's no spot treatment that I've found to work better at both keeping the zit from re-forming and fixing the mess I've made out of that portion of my face. (yes, I'm a picker..) When I'm at home, I constantly put a glob of the stuff on the picked-at area to keep it soft and not scabby so that I can cover it up when I leave the house. Hope this helps.

Old 02-27-2005, 05:51 AM   #13
Inactive

cln5462 HB User

I agree, only use it after you pick, never on a new one. It heels the wound you made by picking.

Old 04-21-2005, 06:56 PM   #14
(female)

AngelEyezz HB User

I've been putting neosporin on all my scars on my face and my face is almost looking like a normal face PLUS, I only have 2 zits on my face right now, and I would have less if it wasn't for all the sugary stuff I ate over the weekend!!!! I have sensitive skin and I'm surprised that it hasn't bothered my skin, but it has worked like magic. Plus I use St. Ives peel-off Hydroxy masque with lactic acid and salicylic acid 1-2 times a week then I pat my face dry, mix Nature's Cure 5% Benzoyl Peroxide cream with Olay Total Effects 7x frangrance free moisturizer together and PAT on my face, then when it dries, I pat on neosporin, a thin layer, with my middle finger wherever I get dry spots and/or have scars. And my face is looking smooth and almost perfect. I'm going to keep using neosporin as long as possible! I love it!

Old 04-21-2005, 06:57 PM   #15
(female)

AngelEyezz HB User

Oh, and I've been using for about 3 months now. And the results have been consistent

Closed Thread