It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2005, 07:09 AM   #1
Inactive

funkypinklizard HB User
Question too harsh?

my cleanser, toner and moisturiser all contain sylic acid....could this be causing breakouts? am i treatign my skin too harsh?

thnx ina dvance for replies

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-14-2005, 10:39 AM   #2
(female)

MommyPox HB User
Re: too harsh?

I have been washing my face with a dove bar twice a day. Then lastnight my face got a little dry. I have a dual action moisturizer. It's ingredient is the sylic acid (or however you spell it). And this morning, my face was drier than ever. So Ya, I guess it is pretty tough on the skin. When my skin gets too dry, I break out twice as bad. So be careful. I had b4 that, given up on all topicals cause they do this to me every time. I started Diane 35 2 days ago. So waiting for that to kick in.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-14-2005, 10:53 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

BJM04 HB User

dont use medicated washed thier too harsh...saliyic acid is very drying..stop using it

Old 01-14-2005, 11:44 AM   #4
(female)

MommyPox HB User

Besides the saliyic acid, and the BP, do you know of any acne fighting agents that are GENTLE to the skin. Doesn't have to be really strong. I just wanna give my diane a little bunp start (if that's possible)

Old 01-14-2005, 11:53 AM   #5
Senior Veteran

jojo64 HB User

I use both salicylic acid (BHA) and BP without problems - perhaps you are using too strong a percentage of them. These products, especially the BP, don't have to be strong to be effective. You should start out with the lowest percentage available and then move up only if it is not effective.

Old 01-14-2005, 12:15 PM   #6
(female)

MommyPox HB User

Isn't 2.5% BP the lowest dose? In neutrogena on the spot? Still dries me out like mad. And the salicylic acid stuff. I think I have done the 10% and the 0.10 % (if that is possible) I am not reading them right now. Just going by memory. I have oily skin, but extemely sensitive. i hate it.

Old 01-14-2005, 12:19 PM   #7
Inactive

funkypinklizard HB User

mommypox: i used to use a very very gentle cleanser from avon, it came in a see thru bottle and just had avon written on it, didnt have ne acids or anythin in...but i cant seem to find it anymore....n ive just bought sum from garnier...which looks gentler than most others but i havent actually used it yet so i dont kno

Reply Reply