It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2005, 01:15 PM   #1
(female)

Katesalterego HB User
Unhappy Marvelon? Please tell me this works!

Hi There,
Im 19 and have suffered from mild Acne for a few years now. The doctor has put me on a pill called Marvelon although i have been reading that for some people it has made it worse. I don't want to take it if its going to aggrevate my skin. Does anyone have any positive experiences with this pill? These days i seem to be so paranoid of things that can make it worse. Im just so sick of this. Duz anyone ever go to bed thinkin 'my face will look better tomorrow' and wake up with more? Its startin to really effect my life. I know its silly but ive stopped going out with my friends as much and they now think sumthing is wrong with me. I know theres more important things in life and my family think i shouldn't be so bothered but i cant seem to get past this. I have no confidence anymore and i just feel so ugly all the time. I wish i could just scratch my face off sumtimes. Its not just the appearence but sumtimes breakouts can be quite painful too.

Old 01-14-2005, 01:57 PM   #2
Inactive

crazyabout blue HB User
Re: Marvelon? Please tell me this works!

In most cases, a pill would cause you to have breakouts at first and then clears up. So technically, its normal. My friend was taking it.. she was breaking out severly for a month and now she has beautiful clear skin.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-14-2005, 02:25 PM   #3
(female)

MommyPox HB User

I was on it a few years and i had pretty clear skin,(2-3 at a time)
But since I had my last two kids I haven't been on it and nothing has workes so far.I am not sure that that was helping or if my pregnancies just threw my hormones out of whack. good luck

Old 05-13-2005, 11:15 AM   #4
(female)

canadianiam HB User

Hey!
I just want to say that I can totally relate to what you are going through. My new doctor just put my on Marvelon, she said it's #3 in treating Acne (im guessin Diane is #1, but has a higher incidence of strokes, YIKES) I've learned you can never go by other people's experiences with the pill. I'm still trying to find one that is right for me. I've tried Ortho Tri-cylcin, Allesse and Yasmin. Ortho Tri-cylcin cleared up my skin but made me bloated all the time. So i felt good skin wise... body wise.. BLECH! My skin drives me crazy... mine isn't even that bad, according to everyone around me.. but to me IT IS. Im not sure if this is an american or canadian website so i don't know what your healthcare is like, but I would totally suggest going to a Dermatologist, it's free for Canadians, and if you find a good one... they don't judge... and they find a solution, there are many solutions out there.. topical solutions like Differin Cream, Benzoclyn, or oral antibiotics like Minocyclin (amazing!!) I HOPE MARVELON works for both of us!!! I am so sick of worrying about my skin... i hope you know you are not alone!! GOOD LUCK!! *HUGZ*

Closed Thread