It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2005, 05:25 PM   #1
Inactive

joey_brezinski HB User
attnetion world im about to save you from trouble

anyone who is taking or thinking about taking minicoycline DONT. it will be the biggset mistake of your life. it causes hyperpigmenation and even after i came off it its still causing it. why is this? i looked it up and its a very common side effect and its the worst side effect you will ever have to deal with in your entire life. DONT TAKE IT. DONT. trust me. tonite i nearly ended my life when i found out that taking that was the worst mistake of my life. i dont know how but it altered my skin permenenantely and these red marks arent healing even after microdermabrasion im gonna end it all soon is wear i cant handle this.

Old 01-14-2005, 06:12 PM   #2
(male)

EnergyRush HB User
Re: attnetion world im about to save you from trouble

Joey,

I certainly know how you feel! I have had acne since I was 12, and I am now 20 -- so that is 8 years. I do have some scarring because of it -- and it does suck!

I was on minocycline for 4 months and I didn't notice any hyperpigmatation problems, though. Your face always has the potential to scar even without being on medication. Sometims acne marks will stick around for a while even after it is gone.

Just try to relax and know that you are not the only one out there that has this problem -- we are all here to support you! Also know, that there are other options beside minocycline. Please don't give up.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-14-2005, 06:20 PM   #3
Inactive

joey_brezinski HB User

im trying not to its so hard though im in a state of self pity that ijsut cant get out of. im desperately searching for answers on this messageboard, the internet, labrynths of the damned anywhere for my answers. slowly but surely im compiling information to help myself. thank you for the support.

Old 01-14-2005, 06:38 PM   #4
(female)

HollyGoLightly HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey_brezinski
tonite i nearly ended my life when i found out that taking that was the worst mistake of my life. i dont know how but it altered my skin permenenantely and these red marks arent healing even after microdermabrasion im gonna end it all soon is wear i cant handle this.
Um, what? You recently posted asking why people were going through such trouble to get rid of acne and how you didn't see the need of "changing your whole world" because of it. But now you say you want to kill yourself over red marks? I'm confused.

Your post:

some people on this site are going to the depths of the earths core to find a cure for acne but im just going through puberty. are most of you people who are out of puberty and thats why your looking for these cures?

i just dont see the need to change my entire world if this is something everyone experiences. but if its more then just that for the rest of you then i understand and i wish you luck.

Old 01-14-2005, 07:01 PM   #5
Inactive

joey_brezinski HB User

that was before i knew that these medications caused all these problems. im a very confused child with obsessive compulsive behaviours.

Old 01-14-2005, 08:15 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

lisa24 HB User

Sorry you had such bad luck. Just remember, that doesn't have to be true for everyone. I took mino for a year with no problems. And have been off it for over a year, and still no problems.

Hope the microderm goes well for you.

Old 01-15-2005, 06:53 AM   #7
Inactive

Aries872 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyGoLightly
Um, what? You recently posted asking why people were going through such trouble to get rid of acne and how you didn't see the need of "changing your whole world" because of it. But now you say you want to kill yourself over red marks? I'm confused.

Your post:

some people on this site are going to the depths of the earths core to find a cure for acne but im just going through puberty. are most of you people who are out of puberty and thats why your looking for these cures?

i just dont see the need to change my entire world if this is something everyone experiences. but if its more then just that for the rest of you then i understand and i wish you luck.
UM WHAT??? difference does that make? One day I can be optamistic and others, i can feel like total ****. What is with challenging this person? I am sure you have had your bad days haven't you? Ease up a little.

Aries872

Old 01-15-2005, 07:19 AM   #8

Tigress223 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey_brezinski
anyone who is taking or thinking about taking minicoycline DONT. it will be the biggset mistake of your life. it causes hyperpigmenation and even after i came off it its still causing it. why is this? i looked it up and its a very common side effect and its the worst side effect you will ever have to deal with in your entire life. DONT TAKE IT. DONT. trust me. tonite i nearly ended my life when i found out that taking that was the worst mistake of my life. i dont know how but it altered my skin permenenantely and these red marks arent healing even after microdermabrasion im gonna end it all soon is wear i cant handle this.
Joey, please don't despair over this. You are more than your skin condition. This really is a temporary thing and there is help out there. Many people have acne problems, you are not alone. There are treatments for hyperpigmentation. See a dermatologist or plastic surgeon. (not for surgery but sometimes plastic surgeons have access to treatments and products for skin that dermatologists don't deal with, like lasers, peels, obagi, etc.) There is hope for you and your skin. You did not do anything to yourself to make things worse. Those marks will eventually go away, it may take awhile but they will. Trust me. I've been dealing with acne for a long time. Maybe hydroquionone (sp?) will get rid of it faster. I know you voiced concerns over it being a carcinogenic but that study was done on rats that were FED it, not on people applying it topically. Anything chemical you feed a rat is going to cause cancer. Rats, (or people) aren't supposed to be eating it for cryin out loud! We're here for you. Remember you're not alone and have a whole lifetime of good clear skin years ahead of you. Please see a plastic surgeon for skin care (the derm I went to sucked). And see a therapist for your OCD behavior and suicidal thoughts. *hugs*

Closed Thread