It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2005, 02:29 PM   #1
(female)

Ruffian29 HB User
Red face Moisturizer causing problems?

I read that a lot of people say that they don't use any moisturizer and that when they stoped using it it helped a lot, but i feel like in my case i need to use it... my face, though i noticed that gets really oily with the moisturizer it gets really really dry with out it, especially around my eyes and my eyebrows... it'll get all white and flakey .
Right now I am using neutrogena sensitive skin moisturizer... its around 10 dollars per bottle, so I figured that it would be good (it contains no drying alcohol).
Right now i don't see not using any moisturizer as even an option, because my face will get so dry... but is there maybe a better kind that i could be using? or will my face eventually get used to not needing mositurizer if i stop using it?
Thanks

oh and i also read that people have had problems with supplements that they were taking causing acne... right now im taking "one a day womans" vitamins... does anyone know if that can cause problems?

Thanks!

Old 01-15-2005, 03:51 PM   #2
Inactive

atti HB User
Re: Moisturizer causing problems?

The iodine in multivitamins is known to cause acne-prone people to break out. I've even found other websites stating that.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-15-2005, 03:53 PM   #3
Inactive

atti HB User

I just started taking Saw Palmetto, and it literally cured my severely dry skin. I had flakes coming off my face as soon as my face dried after washing. But now there's actually no need to put anything on. I recommend this for dry skin. I just started it, but this is the effects of it already.

Old 01-15-2005, 07:04 PM   #4

shisimagum HB User

Yeah you need to moisterize, or else you will break out even more.

Old 01-15-2005, 07:13 PM   #5
(female)

jazmella HB User

Cold pressed virgin olive oil. Best moisturizer ever. Wash your face then apply a little bit of the oil all over your face...After a few seconds, rinse off...It'll take a few seconds to rinse off, and it'll feel like a bit is still left over, but it'll absorb and be beautiful afterwards.

I've been using olive oil for 3 months...I'll never use anything else to moisturize again! Or, at least, as long as this continues working its magic. lol

Last edited by jazmella; 01-15-2005 at 07:15 PM.

Old 01-15-2005, 09:05 PM   #6
(male)

Healthy.J HB User

I am going to stop using a moisturizer at night. Night time is when I seem to get pimples and small clogges pores, but when I don't use it at night the clogged pores start going away and less pimples appear. Maybe your pores dilate and breath more when your body is resting, I don't know, but I am doing this for now on. I may start using Shea butter for a moisturizer. I will start putting it on my upper forehead first to see if it breaks me out.

Old 01-15-2005, 09:16 PM   #7
(male)

Healthy.J HB User

How do you know if a multi-vitamin has iodine in it? I use one a day men's.

Old 01-16-2005, 10:21 AM   #8
(female)

Ruffian29 HB User

Yea i only use moisturizer at night, i figured that the less the better and it really doesn't matter if im sleeping...
My boyfriend talked to his dermatologist and he said that the kind of moisturizer that i said i was using is one of the best kinds that they make, so i guess im going to stick with it.

Closed Thread