It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2005, 02:24 PM   #1

harmony6 HB User
Question for Accutane Users

So i'm only in my second week of Accutane, and I have three questions, For Accutane users. My first question is, i've read others posts about how people on accutane's blackheads just kinda "go away" , so they just kinda come to the surface and go away? or do you pop them?

My second question is this, this is kinda directed to the girls i guess, I wear makeup every day, so therefore i have to wash my face twice a day (morning and night), but for example i didn't wear make up today and i washed my face for the first time today around 5, and i'm not going to put on make up today, so does that mean i don't have to wash my face again tonight? or will that make me break out? I mean, i would prefer to not have to wash my face again especially because i think it will just make me drier. I guess, to me it doesn't really seem necessary becuase I'm not putting on any antibiotics or anythign else on my face after i wash my face. But I'm concerned that if i don't wash it that I will break out.
I'm sorry that my second question was written so badly and dragged out - so i guess i'm just asking, girls, on days that you dont' wear make up do you wash your face twice a day?

And lastly, will smoking pot (only once!) on accutane effect your treatment and make you break out? or stop the accutane affects? or show up in yoru blood work?

Thanks so much in advance. I would appreciate any advice that I can get. And as soon as possible. Thank you.

Last edited by harmony6; 01-17-2005 at 02:28 PM. Reason: that was worded really badly

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-17-2005, 05:21 PM   #2

harmony6 HB User
Re: Question for Accutane Users

anyone? at all?

Old 01-17-2005, 06:15 PM   #3
(male)

FranktheTank HB User

I dont have persone experience, but my friend was on accutane, and we smoked some pot and he was fine. So I'm pretty sure you can smoke while on accutane. Not positive though.

Old 01-18-2005, 06:25 PM   #4

harmony6 HB User

alright. thanks. that helped kinda. ha

Old 01-18-2005, 08:37 PM   #5
(female)

ggc7 HB User

I would be very careful with what kind of things you put in your body. You can probably do it with no break-outs, but it might do weird things to your blood work. You don't want to have to go for all sorts of tests because of pot. Definitely be careful....

As far as the make-up thing and washing. I only wash my face once a day, and I use a toner for the rest of the time. See what works for you. If you have dry skin, don't over wash. Just wash your face when you think you need to. Also, using a mositurizer might help for the days you need to wash twice a day. Good Luck!

Old 01-20-2005, 12:17 PM   #6

harmony6 HB User

well thanks. i think that you shouldn't mess with blackheads while your on accutane, cause it makes them look like huge holes. hmm. thats hot.
anyways, thanks everyone.
and i really hope that smoking pot doesn't show up in your bloodwork. its only this once. and i stopped drinking for my treatment. so. anyways.
anymore advice would be wonderful. thanksssssssss

Old 01-20-2005, 03:45 PM   #7
(male)

chump HB User

i smoked a joint yesterday on accutane and it didnt negatively affect me at all. helped with the back ache actually. however, i drank only 2 pints of cider when i first started it and felt absolutely awful so am not drinking at all throughout the duration of my medication.

also, as i understand it traces of weed only show up when doctors are specifically looking for it. it wont show up for the types of tests they are doing (like i saym, this is how i understand it). second, they wont do anything about it anyway even if it does show up so don't fret.

Last edited by chump; 01-20-2005 at 03:47 PM.

Closed Thread