It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2005, 04:11 AM   #1
(male)

supasucks HB User
my life revolves around my face...

You've all probably read this 1000s times before...

I have red bumbs all over my cheeks, bring male I dont thing shaving helps, I am so envious of clean shaven men, I really dont know how they manage it.

I wet shave, with an electric shaver, and have used every lotion going, even when I am shaved, the area under my nose is still dark, like I have an invisable moustache!

whenever I shave ( in the shower at night) before I sleep I cover my face with savlon to at least reduce the red bumps and spots, it doesn't help alot but marks a small improvement (I've tried tend skin, dermoclothes, aquagel) you name it, mincylcline!) any ingrown hairs I get (not a great deal) I remove straight away, but my acne i'm sure is due to my coarse black beard hair.
because of these marks, I go to the mirror about ten times a day, even more, spending my time squeeze most parts of my face with my fingers which I dont think helps, but I can usually get pus (small amounts) from every pore on my face.
something just has to catch an area of my skin, and I can feel a pain sensation which I pick at and squeeze.
I think this is the reason my eyelids are so puffy too, despite skin whiting, and cucumber gel cream, my upper eyelids are so droopy.
this really effects my confidence. not leaving the house when I can, when my skin is at the worst. I can only look in the mirror from about 6 inches away so the light hits my face straght on, never in poorly lit rooms.

my face is just a disaster area, and everything that can be done, has been done, apart from getting a form of perminant hair removal I dont know what to do.

any of you suffer the same as me? have you experianced it?
I really am at the end of my tether, and ive past the stage of looking myself in the mirror and crying, to just self loathing, suicide thoughts, and self harm.

any ideas what I can do?
thanks

Last edited by supasucks; 01-18-2005 at 04:21 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-18-2005, 11:26 AM   #2
(female)

HollyGoLightly HB User
Re: my life revolves around my face...

Quote:
Originally Posted by supasucks
my acne i'm sure is due to my coarse black beard hair.
How about laser hair removal?

Old 01-18-2005, 01:27 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

evy38 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyGoLightly
How about laser hair removal?
I so agree with the last poster. Often, men will have their facial hair emoved for the very reason you are speaking of. The plus is, after treatment you'll never have to shave again. The minus is, there would be no beards in your future.

Old 01-18-2005, 02:06 PM   #4
Inactive

Mr.Bojangless HB User

and what if that doesnt help? then you'll never be able to get a beard again, AND you'll have acne. i recommend consulting some derms and doctors before considering this

Old 01-19-2005, 10:57 AM   #5

Terihe HB User

Not a male but some of the men on another message board I go to use tendskin. Has salacylic acid witch hazel and I think some alcohol. This brand is pricey so another option for it is paula's choice brand of tendskin or you can make your own by taking witch hazel and some generic non coated asprins (20) and crush them up and put them in the witch hazel and strain it out or leave them unstrained, shake and apply with a cotton ball like a toner.

Closed Thread