It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2005, 09:42 AM   #1
(female)

iridescentsea HB User
Commercial moisturizers break me out

The moisturizer I used to use was discontinued by its manufacturer. Ever since, I have tried a number of moisturizers (all claims to be non-comodogenic) but they all resulted in acne, even the oil-free ones. I read an article on moisturizers which claims that it is not necessarily the oil but some other ingredients in commercial moisturizers may cause break outs. They had a long list of it. I was wondering if any one of you think that your acne is actually caused by or have gotten worse by moisturizers. Lately, I have been using mashed up banana on my face, it works o.k. but it is too messy and time-consuming. I guess next I will try jojoba oil. I have read good things about it on this board. Although I have acne prone skin it is not oily at all, especially in the winter where I live gets very dry so I do need a good moisturizer. Any advice? Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-18-2005, 12:39 PM   #2
(female)

cowgirls HB User
Re: Commercial moisturizers break me out

Your moisturizer has allot to do with break outs. I just started a all natural product line with no animal bi products. if you will look at your products you have they probably have mineral oil in them. Do this simple example get baby oil 2 bowls and 2 saltine crakers cover one craker with baby oil completely cover it then cover the other one with water and wait 30 minutes or so and look at the difference mineral oil clogs your skin up not allowing your skin to get the nutrients it needs.
Chanda

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-18-2005, 12:51 PM   #3
Inactive

funkypinklizard HB User

cowgirls....what kind of mosturiser would you reccomend then?....because...im just thinking now, i didnt have has many spots until i started this new mosturiser.....granier a...it migth not be this as ive started a new cleanser aswell....but are there any natural mosturisers?

Old 01-18-2005, 12:54 PM   #4
(female)

cowgirls HB User

I am currently involved with a company called ******* they have a wonderful line. I use there acne line and have noticed a differnece in my face.

Old 01-18-2005, 12:56 PM   #5
(female)

cowgirls HB User

well crap it blocked it. arbone

Old 01-18-2005, 01:09 PM   #6
Inactive

funkypinklizard HB User

hmmm...lol ohwell....can u get this in the uk??...and is it an actual acne line, is it called an acne line?....might be easier to find if it is

Old 01-18-2005, 01:24 PM   #7
Inactive

funkypinklizard HB User

hmmm, ive just found the site with it on...can you only buy it online?

Old 01-18-2005, 01:28 PM   #8
(female)

cowgirls HB User

it is arbone with 2 n's they have everything and I am sure that you could get it.

Old 01-18-2005, 01:56 PM   #9
(female)

malia81 HB User

try jojoba oil! i CANNOT use ANY commercial moisturizers because they just cause me to break out in whiteheads all over!! seriously, i use a whole lot of jojoba oil on my face and it does wonders to make your skin baby soft and silky by the next morning. what i have done lately is mix a tiny bit of shea butter, like a pinch of salt, with about a dime size pool of jojoba oil and massage it all over my face and neck. it helps old breakouts and redmarks heal faster and seems to prevent new ones. give it a shot.

Old 01-18-2005, 04:38 PM   #10
Veteran

OhMyFace HB User

Kinerase moisturizer is FABULOUS and it will not cause you to break out. It is the only thing that restored moisture to my skin after over a year of products that dried me out. I highly recommend it.

Old 01-18-2005, 05:10 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Timber HB UserTimber HB User

Have you tried Eucerin? It's a commercial moisturizer, but it has no perfumes or additives. Very simple, basic formula. I've been using it for a couple weeks now and so far it's going well.

Closed Thread