It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2005, 09:11 AM   #1

aprilnichole HB User
breaking out again after being clear for months!

Hi all,
I am on minocycline and have been since late July, so for 6 months now. I was enjoying clear skin ..... until....
Recently, as in the last few days, I have been getting big zits on my cheeks. I know it's almost that time of the month for me but even when I break out prior to my period it's usually on my jawline and not near as bad as what I've got going on right now. These are big cystic trype zits, really red and ugly. I've never really had these type before.
I don't know what's going on.... am I already becoming resistant to the mino? that seems a little soon...right??? has anyone else had a huge flare up after only 6 months? I am so bummed out because my derm even thought it was time to go off of the medication and now that this has happened I am scared to go off. The only thing that I can think of is that I started taking only 1 pill per day about 3 weeks ago... so maybe I should bump back up to 2 again...arrrgh!! now I feel like I can never get off of this ****!!!

Last edited by aprilnichole; 01-18-2005 at 09:11 AM.

Old 01-18-2005, 10:52 AM   #2
(female)

healthnut76 HB User
Re: breaking out again after being clear for months!

hey
sorry to hear about the breaking out again. you might want to do a search online for information about long term antibiotic use and the effects it has on the body. when u take an antibiotic for so long it kills the good and bad bacteria and leaves u with no good bacteria to defend ur body against the bad bacteria. I personally wish i had known this info when i first started to take antibiotics for my skin. i now take probiotic supplements. probiotics should be found in a refrigerated section of a health food store and should be in a dark glass bottle. also always check the date. u definitely should do some research about the topic because it can affect ur body in different ways.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-19-2005, 05:45 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

BJM04 HB User

are u using any topical meds in addition to taking the minocin?

Old 01-19-2005, 09:33 AM   #4

aprilnichole HB User

yes I use benzaclin at night

Old 01-19-2005, 02:57 PM   #5

Junebug3 HB User

do u have an initial breakout on benzaclin???

Old 01-19-2005, 04:10 PM   #6

aprilnichole HB User

I have been using it for a while now, 4 months or so.. I don't remember an initial break out.

Old 01-19-2005, 05:31 PM   #7
(male)

andertrack HB User
Arrow Re: breaking out again after being clear for months!

I didnt have an inital breakout with Benzaclin, but then again I was on the refrigerated stuff before I went on benzaclin. I use retin-a at night, it sometimes makes me get whiteheads in the morning but I am fine becuase I know it is just my skin getting rid of junk.

Closed Thread