It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2005, 11:58 AM   #1
Inactive

sleppy210 HB User
Make-up breaking you out?

I use Clinique Oil-free Perfectly Real Make-up. I woke up this morning and my face had improved quite a bit from the day before. Well, since putting on makeup about 6 hours ago, I've developed new zits all over! I seriously think that it's the foundation. I use Palladio Rice powder, and I hope it's not that. Anyone use this stuff?

Old 01-19-2005, 02:03 PM   #2

aprilnichole HB User
Re: Make-up breaking you out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleppy210
I use Clinique Oil-free Perfectly Real Make-up. I woke up this morning and my face had improved quite a bit from the day before. Well, since putting on makeup about 6 hours ago, I've developed new zits all over! I seriously think that it's the foundation. I use Palladio Rice powder, and I hope it's not that. Anyone use this stuff?

as you may or may not know pimples do not develop that fast, they are forming for WEEKS before they surface, so it's impossible for you to put on makeup and 6 hours have a brand new zit solely because of that makeup. If however you have been continually using that makeup for weeks and weeks then yes it could have caused your pores to clog. do a search on this board for makeup suggestions that won't break you out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-19-2005, 05:00 PM   #3

Valley Girl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilnichole
as you may or may not know pimples do not develop that fast, they are forming for WEEKS before they surface, so it's impossible for you to put on makeup and 6 hours have a brand new zit solely because of that makeup. If however you have been continually using that makeup for weeks and weeks then yes it could have caused your pores to clog. do a search on this board for makeup suggestions that won't break you out.
Your statement is not entirely true. If you are allergic to an ingredient in the foundation then you can develop a breakout in a short period of term after application. People need to remember that acne (or what looks like acne) is not just caused by oil, bacteria, hormones, or the improper shedding of skin cells. Acne can also develop as a result of food allergies, allergies to ingredients found in cosmetics or skin care products, etc.

Old 01-19-2005, 05:05 PM   #4
Inactive

sleppy210 HB User

How can I wake up, not have any under-the-skin zits, then after my face gets all oily and gross, have about 7 new under-the-skin zits with no heads on them?

Old 01-19-2005, 05:06 PM   #5

Valley Girl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleppy210
How can I wake up, not have any under-the-skin zits, then after my face gets all oily and gross, have about 7 new under-the-skin zits with no heads on them?
Sleepy,

I think you could be allergic to the makeup. Stop using it.

Old 01-19-2005, 08:35 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

BJM04 HB User

what ar eu washing your face with?using any acne topical meds?hOw long have u been using the perfectly real?I use it to with no break outs..could be the rice powder...

Old 01-20-2005, 05:10 AM   #7
Inactive

sleppy210 HB User

geez, I bought the rice powder because I thought it would be better than talc powder... from reading on healthboards... I've been using the clinique makeup for months and months now. I WAS washing with Neutrogena Healthy Skin cleanser with glycolic acid in it. I was using that until about 2 weeks ago. I used it for about 2 weeks. Then 2 weeks ago I started breaking out the worst I've ever broken out. All over my face with tons of red marks and pustules. And 2 weeks later my face isn't much different. It also gave me big blackheads on my chin and I'm starting to get them everywhere else.

But it's 2 weeks later and I'm developing new zits under the skin a few hours after using the makeup. Could the makeup be old? I'm having a tough time squeezing it out of the bottle.

Old 01-20-2005, 06:18 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

BJM04 HB User

HOW long have u had the makeup...did u purchase it a long time ago Foundation lasts bout 2 yrs tops..maybe u broke out from the face wash...do u use moistuirser?TAlc is better at asborbing oil than rice...powder..dont pop,squeeze or pick of put your finger son your face anymore then u need cux that causes breakouts.bacteria nd so on..are u on the BC pill?ever gone to the dermotologist..I highly doubt your breaking out from the mamkeup..I use it and it doenst break me out andi 'm prone to break out...i read the ingredient son the labels they werent bad..its a very light sheer makeup so its not hevay an pore clogging at all.DO u chage or wash makeup pad u apply your powder with?They get very dirty and should be replaced every 2 wks..

Closed Thread