It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2005, 03:02 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

dfwgoodguy HB User
Derm Appt. Tomorrow...have some ???'s

Well my acne as improved a ton since i stopped paying attention to my face other than washing it. No more picking, popping and squeezing. And my cysts and inflamed pimples when away, now i only get whiteheads. Sometimes my face is awesome, can go a few weeks without anything major, (1-2). But sometimes i get it pretty bad, and get about (4-5). Right now, im doing pretty good, but have about 3-4 whiteheads unpopped. It don't even bother me anymore since i just stopped worrying about my face, picking and popping gave me inflamed pimples and cystic acne. Wash 2 times a day and don't pay attention to it anymore.

Anyways, im going to derm tomorrow, and want to know what i should say, if anything. I have quite a few red spots that i want faded. (When i made this appt, my face was on a 4 week clear period, so i was going for chemical peel for red marks)

But now, my face started getting more oily for a little while and now pimples are coming back. So don't know if chem peel helps at all with actual pimples and prevention.

What do you guys think i should ask for, and what not to ask for. Face really isnt that oily anymore, since i stopped overwashing and jacking with it. But I do have pretty sensitive skin too.

Thanks.

Last edited by dfwgoodguy; 01-19-2005 at 03:03 PM.

Old 01-19-2005, 04:02 PM   #2
(male)

xghostsniperx HB User
Re: Derm Appt. Tomorrow...have some ???'s

Hm, since you don't get cysts anymore, you may want to ask to try Differin. It makes your face a bit red at first--no, actually almost a tan color (for me at least). It didn't even make me peel at all, and I have VERY sensetive skin.

However, if he perscribes Retin-A Micro, make sure it's .04%, because if you get the .1%, you'll be having fun with a ripped up, raw, and incredibly red face.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-19-2005, 05:28 PM   #3
(male)

andertrack HB User
Lightbulb Re: Derm Appt. Tomorrow...have some ???'s

I would not neccesarily agree with that stuff about Retin-a. I used the .04% for about 5 months and then switched to the .1%. In that situation there was no noticable difference in the amount of peeling. There isnt much peeling at all. Only problem with Retin-a is that it doesnt really help the oiliness of the skin. Need clay or something for that.

Old 01-19-2005, 07:35 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

dfwgoodguy HB User

Thanks ladies/gents. Anyone else?

Once again, first time to derm. Skin is mostly just normal to dry now, sometimes oily..but larger percentage of the time its normal/dry.

Sensitive skin, i only shave about every 3 days...so i don't shave too often. No more inflamed pimples/cysts anymore, just whiteheads on cheeks and sometimes on chin. Thanks Again.

Old 01-19-2005, 09:12 PM   #5
(male)

EnergyRush HB User

I have been down that road before with wanting to do something about the red spots and still having some active acne. All I can say is, good luck!

I have found (and I have been to several derm's, hoping one of them would be different) that they won't do anything for the red marks until you are 100% clear. And if you think about it, that does make sense. Why would you want to do something to improve the red marks, only to get more red marks in a couple of weeks. That would be a waste of your money.

However, every derm seems to me a little different so you will need to let us know how you make at. With this being your first visit I would imagine that will probably put you on something like Minocycline and Retin-a-micro...that seems to be a pretty common "starting place"

Matt

Closed Thread