It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2005, 05:16 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

im1here HB User
what happened?!

My nightime routine consists of:
washing my face (past few weeks have been using Auervedic soap)

glycolic toner (I had left from Proactiv)

one of 2 lotions: Eucerine Clear face formula (has BHA), or Revtializing Serum (kind of like Olays I think) by Yves Rocher

and spot treat with: Proactive mask or Mint Julep mask.

Well....last night I chose to use the Eucerine lotion and Mint Julep mask (no rhyme or reason to my choices each night)....

This morning I wole up to find that some of my older pimples were BLACK!!!! They had bled UNDER my skin and tuned BLACK!!!!! WHY?!

I called in sick to work.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-19-2005, 08:35 PM   #2
(female)

WxK HB User
Re: what happened?!

I think you are using too many products, not to mention the products you are using are very harsh. Think about using some gentle products for sensitive skin and try not to over cleanse your face, that mint mask is absolutely trash. Do some research and pick some products you think will be best for your skin and the sensitivities you know you have to particular things in the product. Try the book "don't go to the cosmetics counter with out me" and do some research on organic skin care and sensitive skin. The latest face wash from Alba- the pineapple enzyme facial wash- is really good.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-21-2005, 04:21 PM   #3
(female)

acnescargirl HB User

i used the eucerin and the proactiv toner before and my zits didnt turn black. maybe it dried them up into blakc heads ? i just cant imagine. now im afraid to try the mint julep mask i bought - and i have heard good things about it on this board, too .

Old 01-21-2005, 05:58 PM   #4
Inactive

matterson HB User

^^ try it on one lil spot then and see what it does..or maybe on ur chest or back if u have acne there...good luck

Old 01-22-2005, 01:11 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

im1here HB User

acnescargirl....no they weren't blackheads...they were blood filled pimples.

Thanks al for your replies....I just wondered if this has ever happened to anybody...this has happened once before-but not with these products...just not sure what I've done wrong.

Closed Thread