It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2005, 05:42 PM   #1

SoScaredHelp HB User
Question Pizza Face/ What The Heck Is Wrong With Me

Hello all. I am Amanda. I am 19from NC.

This last year I have gotten so much acne.
I never used to get a pimple, every once in a while.
It would amaze people because I used to wear so much make up and would hardly ever get a pimple. Now I am getting them alot. I have like 5 at one time. I do not want this crap all over my face.

I have been over in my head...I cant think of anything I do different that could be giving me acne this bad.

What could be going on and what can I get to make it go away?

Thank You and God Bless!!

Old 01-20-2005, 06:37 PM   #2
(male)

xghostsniperx HB User
Re: Pizza Face/ What The Heck Is Wrong With Me

I see a lot of girls that have gone through the majority of puberty (breasts have formed, gotten taller, etc) and never gotten a zit once. Once they hit around their 20's, they explode. I never saw it much in my guy friends though.

Maybe it's just hormones. Go to your dermatologist.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-20-2005, 06:37 PM   #3
Inactive

matterson HB User

some people get acne at different stages of their life then others...if i were you i would go to a dermatolgist right away, and he will get you on the track to get back to normal

good luck

Old 01-20-2005, 08:47 PM   #4
(female)

Ruffian29 HB User

Its not always easy to just "go see a dermatologist"
Have you changed face washes? Has your diet changed at all?
You said your 19, are you at school? Sometimes a change in water can have an effect, i break out when i come home from school on breaks, i think is because of the water.
Stressed? Different foods? There are a ton of things that can be causing you to break out, and one thing cold simply be hormones and such. Try some OTC stuff, 5 pimples at one time doesn't seem that bad, you might be able to just use OTC products. If not, i'd see your PCP or a dermatologist if you can, they should be able to give you some perscription topical meds

Old 01-21-2005, 10:53 AM   #5
Veteran

OhMyFace HB User

SoScared....it's not, necessarily, something that you are doing wrong....it just happens at different times in your life. If you can see a dermatologist, do that, but if you can't, just make sure that you are keeping your skin clean and dry, with gentle cleanser and a good moisturizer, drink lots of water and maybe have your doctor check your hormone levels. Maybe, if you went on birth control pills, you could balance your hormones and clear your face, but that's up to you. Birth control pills are the single best thing that has helped clear my skin, but everyone is different.

Good luck.

Old 01-21-2005, 11:31 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

skimom HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMyFace
SoScared....it's not, necessarily, something that you are doing wrong....it just happens at different times in your life. If you can see a dermatologist, do that, but if you can't, just make sure that you are keeping your skin clean and dry, with gentle cleanser and a good moisturizer, drink lots of water and maybe have your doctor check your hormone levels. Maybe, if you went on birth control pills, you could balance your hormones and clear your face, but that's up to you. Birth control pills are the single best thing that has helped clear my skin, but everyone is different.

Good luck.

That's for sure. Bcp's ruined my daughter's skin

Last edited by skimom; 01-21-2005 at 11:31 AM.

Old 01-21-2005, 01:21 PM   #7
Inactive
(male)

Needzhelp HB User

See a dermatologist and fix it as soon as possible.

Old 01-21-2005, 03:34 PM   #8
(female)

RubySlippers HB User

I hope you can see a derm. If not do try your pcp. If you're one of the millions w/o health ins. try over the counter stuff. I'm 38 and get hormonal and/or stress related acne. I get the biggun's too.... I've tried everything from accutane in the mid 80's (caused depression) to a derm actually picking them out w/a needle thingy

I finally found a soap that worked somewhat well...for me and my 15 yr old daughter..it's from Earth Theraputics - the green tea herbal soap. (you can google the brand name and find it). It really is the best thing....funny tho...I bought it cause it smelled really good, started to use it on my face and it made a profound difference. I also have the small ones on the outside of my cheeks and they even went away. I also use a good moisturizer by clean and clear w/salycic acid in it, and I also spot treat with salycic acid and 10% benzoyle peroxide. (I'm also a picker so I have a really bad problem).

Anyhow, number one would be see a derm. If that's not possible see your general practitioner doc. If THAT's not possible, try different combinations of things from the drugstore and drink LOTS of water.

Good luck to you and keep us posted
Angela

Old 01-21-2005, 03:40 PM   #9
(male)

stan HB User

try to see a derm but it is hard to see 1 i had to wait 6 months just to see him it was the busy but u could try bp cream and face wash i use bp 10% which worked ok for me its best to start off on 2.5 then work your way up if u wanted

Old 01-21-2005, 07:37 PM   #10
(female)

FionaGreer HB User

don't trust what a derm says. research everything they tell you online or in the library, or something! I have permanent bruises on my legs from minocycline, I'm only 20, and a female. I have an internal yeast infection from being on antibiotics for 3 years, which never did anything anywayz. if i could do it all over again, i would go through more trial and error with over-the-counter products and reading on the internet like i'm doing now. maybe if i had done then what i'm doing now, it could have cured me, but after takin all that crap, i think i'm gonna be messed up for a while...

So don't listen to everything the dermo says, but they won't tell you everything anyway. and remember, anything prescription will most likely give you an initial breakout.

Closed Thread