It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2005, 06:43 PM   #1
(female)

acnescargirl HB User
picker here

hey i have been picking for a year. if i look in a certain light i can see the scars, but mostly no one else notices them. but i was wondering like if you STOP picking. does everything heal up so it looks like new again ?? ? anybody ?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2005, 12:12 AM   #2
(male)

FranktheTank HB User
Re: picker here

Don't pick, it can lead to permanent scars. I pick myself. Its so hard not to pop these damn pimpless. But they will pop themselves and heal faster if you leave em alone. I know this isnt much, but thats all I got to say.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2005, 02:12 AM   #3
(female)

acnescargirl HB User

frank - so basiclay i WILL have permanet scarring from picking in the past ???

Old 01-22-2005, 02:06 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

BJM04 HB User

Picking does leave scars..I to have them...I'm using differin which has helped along with Klaron lotion..I e spots from past blemishes..trying hard ot not pick it truly makesa big differnce so dont squeeze,pick or pop!

Old 01-22-2005, 09:40 PM   #5
(female)

acnescargirl HB User

betsy, did the diffren get rid of your picking scars ?? isnt it true they fade in time tho ?

Old 01-22-2005, 10:32 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Divation HB User

I honestly, CANNOT stop picking. Just tonight I popped everything I could because I just couldn't take it anymore looking at these zits that were just begging to be popped the whole week. And just not picking isn't helping either. For some people it does, but for me it doesn't. They won't go away for like ever unless I pop them. Arg, I'm so frustrated.

Old 01-23-2005, 02:58 AM   #7

KrissC. HB User

My face is wierd, because I have these little white heads that just sit under the skin, and you can see them when I stretch my skin.. they are on my inner cheeks and nose mostly, but I will squeeze them out and most of the time there is no zit that forms but by the next day.. more white crap is there .. I don't pick at them ..i just squeeze.. but it seems if i don't squeeze them I will start breaking out from them ..its really a mystery.. they won't go away

Old 01-23-2005, 09:32 AM   #8
(female)

Michelle2175 HB User

I feel ya Diva... it is sooo hard not to pick, pop or touch them when you know that they are waiting to be popped. I can not help it as well, I tell myself that if I dont then my face will clear up faster but its frustrating cause it looks bad and it hurts and I find that they never go away if I dont. People can say if you leave them they will eventually go away but mine honestly dont...

Kriss: I have the same problem as you... I dont get alot of those but once in awhile I will see them just underneath my skin. Accept when I get the white stuff out the next day I will notice that it sometime forms a bigger and sore pimple... so I try not to touch those and just leave them... which like i said above is hard to do!

Old 01-23-2005, 03:17 PM   #9
(female)

MSUstudent HB User

I am also a picker. This past summer it got really bad and i would stay in my bed and sleep all day because I was too depressed to go out. I began seeing a cognitive therapist who helped me to stop picking. She gave me ways to resist the temptation. For example, when u feel the urge to pick, squeeze your fists together for 3 full minutes, and the temptation might pass. Also find something u can do to keep your hands busy when u do feel the urge...just as taking up knitting. Notes are also a good idea...or even take a pic of yourself after you have picked and your face looks really bad and post it so that you can see it in the bathroom. Seeing yourself look so bad will remind you of the damage that picking can do. I still do sometimes pick but it isn't nearly as bad as it was. I am on retin a micro and it has helped my face so I don't have that much to pick at anyways. For me, I picked spots that you could hardly see, like little keratin plugs. I don't know if your situation is the same. I think it is ok to pop a pimple if there is htis huge white head on it. I don't really have any scarring and I did pick some spots pretty deep. I do get the hyperpigmentation but that will eventually go away. I also find that putting neosporin on a scab w/ a bandage can help it heal faster. I don't think neosporin will cause you to break out...I haven't had a problem with it. Good Luck!

Old 01-24-2005, 05:00 AM   #10
(female)

acnescargirl HB User

oh wow! thanks everybody for ur help!!!

msu studnet. did u hear u correctly? no scars ?? and u picked like crazy like me ?

you guys the othe thing i do beside compulsively picking is using too many products. like i think i have chemcial burns from all the products i have used and washing my face to many times.... does that scar ?? i have had my whooe face red and inflamed during the time i was picking also, does that make a diff???

Old 01-29-2005, 06:27 PM   #11
Inactive
(male)

davelacb HB User

i dont know but i will try and it is hard

Old 02-05-2005, 03:38 AM   #12
(female)

acnescargirl HB User

i dont pick anymore. i am jus left wit the scars. betsy when u say it WILL scar are you talking about those red mark scars or worse more permanet scars ?

Old 02-05-2005, 10:57 AM   #13
(female)

Jelohi HB User

I have been a picker for 20 years and don't have scars that I can tell. My friend who is the same way just got dermabrasion & it uncovered all these scars under the surface of her skin! I hope mine's like that, but I'm not getting dermabrasion! I stopped for a while when I had a job where I couldn't wear makeup, cuz it does make your face more red, but it didn't seem to help anything not picking (or not wearing makeup).

Old 02-05-2005, 12:07 PM   #14
(female)

acnescargirl HB User

omg that sucks.. were tehy the ice pick scars ??

Old 02-05-2005, 01:52 PM   #15
(female)

Jelohi HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by acnescargirl
omg that sucks.. were tehy the ice pick scars ??
I don't know what they looked like - I don't live near her so I didn't actually see this, it's just what she told me. She had to just keep going with the dermabrasion till they got past the scars.

*Correction to my post - I meant to say I hope that is NOT the case with me!

Closed Thread