It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2005, 06:10 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

veggie girl HB User
Any acne sufferers have digestive issues??

Does anyone with acne have bloating, cramps, pains etc in their stomachs? I've been reading a little about digestive issues and seems that acne can be caused by poor digestion.

Old 01-22-2005, 12:49 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

johnsmith007 HB User
Re: Any acne sufferers have digestive issues??

I have always had some minor cramps (almost like constipation) in my stomach my entire life. It usually doesnít bother me, but every once in a while I would get the cramps and then once I went to the bathroom (number 2) they would be fine. Wonder if they have anything to do with my acne? Even if that were so, how could you go about fixing it?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2005, 06:55 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

veggie girl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsmith007
I have always had some minor cramps (almost like constipation) in my stomach my entire life. It usually doesnít bother me, but every once in a while I would get the cramps and then once I went to the bathroom (number 2) they would be fine. Wonder if they have anything to do with my acne? Even if that were so, how could you go about fixing it?
I've been reading that many people have low hydrocholoric acid in their stomach which means the food kind of sits there and becomes toxic - of course releasing the toxins into the blood stream.

I also read that wheat, sugar and dairy help the bad bacteria in the colon outgrow the good bacteria (aka intestinal flora) which is a VERY common cause of skin problems.

For the flora issue its good to take an accodopholus to help stimulate good flora. this can also be done by drinking kerfir or eating plain, live yoghurt. Also, its good to avoid fermented foods, wheat, dairy and sugar.

I've also read it recommended to have colonics to clear the colon of waste matter that has just been sitting there (because the stomach hasn't digested it properly and because the colon can't process it properly) and do a juice/water/salad fast for a day to clear out the system and to make sure to chew food properly so that no matter is going to end up just sitting in the gut.

For the hydrochloric acid issue, it is recommened to take digestive enzymes with food.

A very respected holistic doctor (Ronald Hoffman) told me acne is caused by 2 things - hormones and digestive disorders.

You should do a little research about digestive disorders, Its AMAZING how on the list of problems associated it with it, acne is ALWaYS there. And when you think about it, it kind of makes sense that filthy insides would cause something like skin eruptions.

Old 01-22-2005, 07:09 PM   #4
Inactive

joey_brezinski HB User

alrite theres a million things that can cause acne modern medicine will never help theres too many variables.

Old 04-15-2005, 10:55 PM   #5
(male)

zahradream HB User
...johnsmith007

hey, i have the same prob...after i go my cramps get better. this problem occured last year and around then i broke out. then went away after i ate looooots of yogurt.....came back a week ago..broke out again. its something to do with digestion. im sure of it

Old 04-16-2005, 12:21 AM   #6
(male)

UK_dave HB User
Re: ...johnsmith007

Good point veggie girl. Maybe some truth in that. However, as ive been finding,
'learning is vital, but learning only a little is dangerous'.

Old 04-16-2005, 12:57 AM   #7
(male)

kHan artist HB User

I think there definitely is a correlation. My dad, a doctor, has diagnosed me with severe IBS. The stomach (and my intestines) has always been a problem for me (but it was worst when my skin became bad). I use minocycline for a while and don't know if thats too blame. Accutane also messed up my intestines by damaging my colon (i had a chemically induced inflammation of the illeum). Other factors come into play, but when my skin gets bad its usually associated with constipation and diarrhea.

Last edited by kHan artist; 04-16-2005 at 12:58 AM.

Old 04-17-2005, 10:58 AM   #8
(female)

shea31 HB User

I totally believe digestive issues cause acne. I have never had acne until recently. I am 32. After I had my daughter I had bad constipation. After fighting it a year and a half my face started breaking out. Now I am betterwith the constipation but can not get my face back to normal. Does anyone have suggestions?

Old 04-17-2005, 11:15 AM   #9
Inactive
(female)

deltoro HB User

This is a very good point to bring up..bravo veggie girl!!!

Old 04-18-2005, 05:27 PM   #10
(female)

jlb9685 HB User

My sister and I both suffer form IBS and since being diagnosed and changing our diet to accomodate this, we have both had bad breakouts. I've tried everything to get rid of the acne-not realizing until a few days ago that they might be associated with each other. I haven't found a solution, but if anyone knows of anything, please do let me know.

Old 04-20-2005, 09:49 PM   #11
(female)

Sanchez1 HB User

I also believe they are associated with each other; I too battle with both. I also believe my "episodes" are initiated by stress, and that then relates the two as well.

Thanks for starting this topic!

Old 04-21-2005, 09:53 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Crossbow HB User
Re: ...johnsmith007

Quote:
Originally Posted by zahradream
hey, i have the same prob...after i go my cramps get better. this problem occured last year and around then i broke out. then went away after i ate looooots of yogurt.....came back a week ago..broke out again. its something to do with digestion. im sure of it
In your case, acidophilus supplements will help. You should be able to find them at the drugstore.

Closed Thread