It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2005, 07:31 PM   #1

kittikat HB User
Azelex

Anybody use this product. What were the results? I was using Retin-A. Too drying for the skin. My derm said to use this product. It is similar but is more gentle on the skin. Causes less irritation and drying. My derm. said that they use this retinoid for people who have darker complexions. Because it causes less irritation, it is less likely to form dark patches on people who have darker complexions. I am fair skined, but she thought it would be better for my skin. Anybody have an opinion. Thanks.

Old 01-23-2005, 08:39 PM   #2

kittikat HB User
Re: Azelex

Just an update. I found out that Azelex Acid is an acid that exfoliates and lightens the pigmentation caused by acne. I have been using it for a few days. It brings up the pimples that you already have pretty quickly. It also does not dry out your skin like Retin-A. The dermatologist and everyone at the doctor's office say that is really good at getting rid of acne and hyperpigmentation. It is definitely kinder to my skin. So we will see!!! Just a bit of information for everyone trying to get rid of the red marks left by acne.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-23-2005, 11:39 PM   #3
(male)

its_me_Tom HB User

Wow, I thought nobody was ever going to comment on this product. Well for me, I also just started using this, btw I suggest you use a mild cleanser because it will dry out or even flake you skin. The thing is my sister was prescribed with this a while back, and she has always had pretty bad acne ever since she was little, like in between moderate to severe. She's probably tried every product you could think, and I guess this was the only thing that worked for her, it took a while, a couple of weeks or months maybe. But yeah, I can hardly notice any acne, blemish, or anything else on her face, I guess it worked wonders for her. Also, my sister and I are of a darker complextion, pretty much saying we're brown haha(I think I'm darker though). As for me, I can see where you're getting at on the bringing out the pimples you already have, that's the first thing I noticed. Again, I just started and so I guess I'm just going to keep at it for a while on this product, see what results I get, and I'll make sure to post back on here if I do. If you have anymore questions, just ask and I hope I can answer them as best as I can or anyone else.

Old 01-24-2005, 07:09 AM   #4

kittikat HB User

its me tom,

Thanks for your reply. Like to hear from someone who is also in the same boat. I have noticed that it has lightened the red marks and is controlling the acne. I know that it is bringing up one's I already had because they were small bumps before. Now they have come to the surface. Good news, I don't think anymore are coming up. Just have to deal with the ones already healing.

You definitely have to use a mild cleanser, I agree. But I was on Retin-A, which was causing my skin to be extremely dry, flaky and red. So this a cake walk for me. Hope this product does good for you. Keep in touch and post again.

Old 01-24-2005, 05:18 PM   #5

kittikat HB User

Anybody else have any experience with this product?

Old 01-24-2005, 07:15 PM   #6

replay57 HB User

is this product prescribed?

Old 01-24-2005, 07:47 PM   #7

kittikat HB User

yes it is prescribed by a dermatologist.

Old 01-26-2005, 08:31 PM   #8

kittikat HB User

Well, I am a week into using this product. It is doing very well in getting rid of the red marks. You definitely have an initial breakout. I was using Retin-A for four months and I still got an initial breakout. However, here is the good news. The red spots go away quickly. The spots that I have had since I went on a cruise six months ago are finally going away. Maybe the Retin-A was irritating the spots. I don't know. But I just want everyone to know (who is suffering from red marks that will never go away) that there is hope. I decided to use an antibiotic to keep the breakout in control. But in the morning, I notice the spots are not as red and they are definitely fading. YES!!!!!!! AND MY SKIN IS NOT DRY, RED OR IRRITATED. It is a little dry. But I don't have to use moisturizer. I can definitely deal with the dryness of my skin with this product.

By the way, I also started using Proactive makeup. It is really working well to coverup the fading red marks and does not wear out by the end of the day. YEAH!!!! Still have guarded optimism, but am feeling good.

Old 01-26-2005, 08:38 PM   #9
(male)

its_me_Tom HB User

Glad to hear everything is going good so far for you kittikat. As for me, my red marks are also gradually fading away, and I am noticing the initial breakout but it's starting to calm down now. I've been on it so far for about a week or so. So yeah I'll keep you updated if anything else happens.

Old 01-26-2005, 08:45 PM   #10

kittikat HB User

it me tom,

YEAH to progress for both of us. To control the breakouts, I finally used a mild antibiotic. It is working. I probably won't have to use it long. Hopefully, my skin will get used to the azelex acid (supposedly like the Retin-A) I won't have any more breakouts. Then I can just apply the acid at night.

Also, the makeup has salicylic acid in it. So it will help my skin throughout the day. Definitely looks good. I was using Almay, but it would wear out by the end of the day. It also has sunscreen which I am allergic to. But the makeup from Proactive does not have sunscreen. I used it today and it looked good all day. With no itching or blotchy spots.

Old 05-17-2005, 08:06 AM   #11

nm80 HB User

I searched and foudn this post and i wondered how you guys were doing with the azelex? areth redmarks all clear? i have been using it for about a week now and i also have pills and differin to help the acne from coming up. i haven't really noticed the fading of the redmarks yet but i think im getting some breakout i see on my nose and a couple pimples here and there - not sure if it's from the azelex or whatever..anyways i am justanxious for the redmarks to start fading jsut wanted to see how u guys did with it? thanks

Old 05-17-2005, 11:48 AM   #12

nm80 HB User

Also, what are the affects that sun and tanning beds have on azelex??

Closed Thread