It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2005, 10:26 PM   #1
(female)

acnescargirl HB User
HELP acid burn EMERGENCY AFTER CARE HELP

oh **** ! i was just doing like a home chemcial pee. with glycolic. well stupid me put salicylic acid on the bumps after - big mistake. it burnt. these white skin things rose up off. and now its red flat like platic. some of them still have the wwhite on it. what do i do to prevent scars ? help ! !!!! it seems like no matter what i do i just make it worse. im about to cry my eyes out

Old 01-21-2005, 10:53 PM   #2
(male)

Karl2 HB User
Re: HELP acid burn EMERGENCY AFTER CARE HELP

Hey,

First-off, I don't imagine you have caused any long term damage with the glycolic acid - put some aloe vera gel on the affected areas. I don't know how bad your scarring is, but one of the most effective treatments for icepicks is a procedure called "punch-floating," followed by dermabrasion. This is all quite expensive, but from the research that I have carefully gathered it seems to be the best choice. You need to track down a doctor called Dr. Yarborough. I can't say anymore as this forum imposses strict posting policies. Try and stay away from all the acids that are out there, unless you are in the care of a suitably trained doctor/nurse. Good luck and take care.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2005, 01:10 AM   #3
(female)

acnescargirl HB User

hey karl! thanks . *Hugs* i didnt get this in time, but aloe sounds like a good idea. i already put neosporin on it, *which i totaly know is gonna clog my pores * sounds like a good plan what u said. i dont know if id have in my budger for something like that for the scars. thanks for the tip.. do u have any idea how much that might run ? Like a estimate ??? dermabrasion will get rid of all the shallow scars right ? what exactly is punch excison ? thanks !!! *HUGS*

Old 01-22-2005, 02:46 AM   #4
(female)

acnescargirl HB User

the places where i put SA on is all bubbled up still - it looks horrid. i put the neosporin on but i think it is truly gonna scar. ugh. any idea how to treat the are to prevent scars ? thanks

Old 01-22-2005, 03:38 AM   #5
(male)

Karl2 HB User

Hi,

To begin with I would like to say thanks for the hugs, and I'm sorry that I don't address you by your username - you are being a bit too tough on yourself. Dermabrasion with doctor I mentioned costs roughly $4500US, and I know it sounds steep, but this guy has a lot of happy customers. He has left no one with perfect skin after the procedure, but all have said there has been dramatic improvement; I guess, that's all we can aspire to really. From what you've alluded to your scarring is pretty superficial, so you should see very significant results. My scarring is pretty mild, but lately it has been driving me mad. I'm am coming from a country outside the US for the procedure, and it will cost me 3 times the price I mentioned earlier. I've had lazer performed locally (quite expensive), and not much improvement, so I'm putting all my faith in this doctor. With the punch floats the icepick scar is closed off with a metal device, so you can no longer see the small but deep hole which was there initially. After the punch floats he abrades your entire face. Basically the wire brush (belive it or not) is a lot more gentle and effective than a lazer which melts your skin, and can potentially ruin it. It's like when you are a kid and you scrape your knee coming-off a bike. Everyone has done it, but, not many many people are left with scars on their knees, because your skin heels well from the scrape. I am counting down to haing this procedure like you cannot imagine. I hope this helps. If you're really worried about GA burn have someone look at it - even a pharmacist would suffice. Just tell them you want something for it! Take care!

Old 01-22-2005, 08:13 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

SOUCRY HB User

To prevent scarring eat lots of food with with copper and vitamin C. Examples are dark green leafy vegetables.

Old 01-22-2005, 09:49 AM   #7

scorpion4377 HB User

Seems like you're overreacting, after seeing your screenname. Provide pictures. Maybe people here will know what to do after they indentify exactly what you did.

But still, see a derm. That's what I would do.

Old 01-22-2005, 12:18 PM   #8
(female)

acnescargirl HB User

thanks karl and sourcry...i appreciate it. im looking into dermabrasion and i will be taking my vitamin C luv yas!!!

scoripion... um no im not exaggerationt. i dont know why people would need to see pics of it, i told exactly what happend, it is blistering. and FYI i dont have access to a dermatoligst .

Old 01-22-2005, 12:22 PM   #9
(female)

acnescargirl HB User

karl ! thanks hun ! i will be checking up on it. i have been thinking about dermabrasion since you said that. it would take me a long long time to save up but it sounds like a pretty good procedure. thanks **HUGS SWEETIE*

soucry! oh thank u !!! will it help if i take vitamin C from scars that ahppend a few months ago ? or is it late ? anyway im going 2 be taking a lot of vitamins now thanks ! *HUGS*

scorpion - i dont konw how you got that from my name, but no i wasnt exagerating. i said it was blistering and described the problem exactly as it was. and that is what it was. and also my name speaks for itself. im not overexaggerating in my name. i do have acne scars all over my face , that is why i chose that name. i dont know why it would be so hard for you to belive, acne scars do happen you know. you cant discredit everything i say on this board just because my name.... there is nothing wrong with my name, it speaks the truth. try not to be so presumptious about me please. thanks ! cuz remember, you dont know me. and for you to judge me would be like you thinking you have illusions of grandur and super powers! anyway that said, thanks for your concern

Last edited by acnescargirl; 01-22-2005 at 12:29 PM.

Old 01-23-2005, 06:17 PM   #10
Senior Veteran

joeh HB User

i have had 4 aura laser treatments for hair removal combined with the alexandrite laser got rid of all my scarring completely where i shave after nothing else worked.i think it is called IPL.also i have heard of a filler bioalcamid made by a russian company that works great.i had no luck with microdermabrasions,peels,co2 laser resurfacing and 2 full face thermages.you might search for bioalcamid and aura laser for more information.i have also heard promising results with isologen but its only avalible so far in the UK and Australia.it is also very expensive ranging anywhere between 6000 and 8000 dollars.karl is punch floating like punch grafting?by the way its been 2.5 years on spiro and premerin and .5 avodart and my skin is perfect!but then again i killed my sex drive in the process but its still better than cystic acne.there are so many ways to treat acne and acne scars.oh yea and i think bioalcamid is only avalible in mexico.i know if you want to spend about 1000 dollars on the plane ticket bangkok,thailand and other places in thailand are great doctors and decent prices for scar treatments.

Old 01-24-2005, 03:00 AM   #11

Blue70 HB User

acnescargirl, since your situation sounds serious.
There's another acne messageboard which talks about getting rid of scars.
I know healthboards is strict. But the site is, www. acne .org
click on messageboards on the left side, then click on Scar treatments.
Alot of people who got Dr. Yarborough procedures talk about the results.
There's alot of of threads about the best way to get rid of scars.

Last edited by Blue70; 01-24-2005 at 03:04 AM.

Old 01-24-2005, 03:55 AM   #12
(female)

acnescargirl HB User

blue 70 i missed your post! thanks! ill take that into considerariotn.

joeh so the IPL is what got rid of your scars? how bad was your scarring??? thnks

u guys im still hurtin here cuz my whole face is red wit a chemcial burn. any help on what to do ?

Old 01-24-2005, 07:52 AM   #13
Senior Veteran

joeh HB User

acne scar girl it just got rid of all my scarring where i shave.it wasnt intended for scar removal but hair removal.everybody comments how smooth my skin is where i shave.i have had 8 treatments so far.4 with each laser.this is permanent too. not like my other treatments where it swelled my skin and looked like the scarring was gone then came back when the swelling subsided.you might want to look into it.they wont do dermabrasion if you still have active acne.

Closed Thread