It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2005, 10:29 AM   #1

Nametaken48 HB User
Help!...Hyperpigmentation/scarring

One warning when you take minocycline is to avoid too much sun exposure. We'll, I've always been a darker skinned person, not really affected by the sun, and when I was on vacation in Florida all I did was stay in the sun. That was in August, and I now have brown hyperpigmentation marks (I think that's what they are) from the acne I had then. All the acne I had after that, the marks have already faded, but these have stuck around for 6 months. Some have slightly faded, and some are slightly indented scars. Does anybody have suggestions for good products that help with hyperpigmentation and scarring? By the way, right now I'm using Differin, and I use the Neutrogena advanced facial peel but it's not very strong. I'm also about 99% clear, I get an occasional one or two pimples but no bad breakouts. My marks and scarring aren't bad, definately tolerable, but I'd still like to get rid of them. Anybody?

Old 01-22-2005, 01:18 PM   #2

girlygal HB User
Re: Help!...Hyperpigmentation/scarring

The same thing happened to me when I was on minocycline and went in the sun my marks were so dark i was soooo upset did not want to leave the house, I used hydroquione 4% it took about 2 months to fade. Good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2005, 01:33 PM   #3
Inactive

joey_brezinski HB User

interesting....

Old 01-22-2005, 02:57 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

Needzhelp HB User

It would be smarter to just wait it out and not put your skin in danger by putting more things on it. It shouldn't take much longer to leave.

Old 01-22-2005, 04:42 PM   #5

Nametaken48 HB User

Yeah that's what I've been doing...will it eventually fade on its own? I'm a guy that loves summer, and I read that it can fade and then get worse again with sun exposure. Hopefully sunscreen will stop that from happeneing...I was just worried about it never fading, so it's a relief to hear it should fade on its on. I also read that hydroquione helps fade them, but I've been clear for awhile now and don't want to deal with any more breakouts, a few dark marks is definately easier to tolerate than having acne. I was considering a TCA peel at the end of the school year...it's supposed to help both scars and pigmentation marks...any comments on that?

Old 01-22-2005, 08:37 PM   #6
(female)

acnescargirl HB User

im on minocycline as well and i went out the house for 10 min withotu sunscreen now i got freckes/age spots and broken capillaries. doesnt a AHA cream fade it over time ???

Closed Thread