It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2005, 12:32 PM   #1

TiffyBaby221 HB User
Smile People who have used Accutane...

Im starting Month 4 of Accutane and my face is looking quite better. Im pretty pleased soo far. I was just wondering if EVERYONE is satisfied with their results after. Im scared that when i get off it..my acne will come back. Did anyones acne come back? ...If so...How long after you got off accutane. If u remained clear please still post to boost my faith. lol thank you all

Tiffany

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2005, 04:08 PM   #2

prettybow04 HB User
Re: People who have used Accutane...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiffyBaby221
Im starting Month 4 of Accutane and my face is looking quite better. Im pretty pleased soo far. I was just wondering if EVERYONE is satisfied with their results after. Im scared that when i get off it..my acne will come back. Did anyones acne come back? ...If so...How long after you got off accutane. If u remained clear please still post to boost my faith. lol thank you all

Tiffany

Hi, Im the person for yoU! Ive been on accutane 4 times! I know very well how it all works and turns out. My clear skin would last for almost a year each time so you can expect that...but yes, sadly it all returns to normal after that.Gradually, your oil will come back,very gradually, and then slowly your pimples will start showing again and then one day youll have the skin you had pre-accutane. Like right now, my bad acne is back even after my forth time on accutane. Im now not taking the drug anymore cause it does not cause permanent results. This may not apply to you though, it depends on the severity of your acne. I had moderate cystic acne.
If you have less severe acne, then it may help you longer, but accutane really hardly ever cures anyone. Its effects just may last longer in some. Sorry sweetie, it sucks bad cause accutane is the only thing that ever worked for me too.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2005, 04:50 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

DiselPower4 HB User

It came back for me but not as bad 4 months after. I am using Vitamin A and it is helping.

Old 01-22-2005, 04:53 PM   #4
(male)

stan HB User

hi im on day 8 of accutane and been having really bad back and few headaches and im breaking out all over my face how long does this last and did u get backaches or headaches off this?

Old 01-22-2005, 05:33 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

kme0021 HB User

HI..I was on accutane about 7 years ago and am just now starting to get acne again I didn't complete the whole course of treatment. I only stayed on accutane for 3-4 months. My sister had severe acne and took accutane about 9 or 10 years ago and has the best skin. She rarely gets a pimple. Good Luck to ya!

Old 01-22-2005, 10:40 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

DiselPower4 HB User

She probably grew out of it when the accutane stopped working. Tane is not a cure it is a remission.

Old 01-23-2005, 01:22 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

johnsmith007 HB User

Sometimes you need to go back on it. I've personally been on it twice and am satisfied with the results and will never go back on it, unless something crazy happens with my acne. I've been off of it for over 2 years and my acne has just kept getting better.

"DiselPower4", in many cases Accutane is a permanent cure, even at younger ages way before kids would ever grow out of it.

Last edited by johnsmith007; 01-23-2005 at 01:25 AM.

Old 01-24-2005, 02:29 PM   #8

TiffyBaby221 HB User

Thanks you Guys! Im curious to see how it works for me...im PRAYING it works. My skin has been bad on and off since i was in 4th grade. recently..the beginning of the school year...my face got BBBAAAADDDD, and i started accutane in November. Im just so scared to get off it

Old 01-24-2005, 07:28 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

skimom HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsmith007
Sometimes you need to go back on it. I've personally been on it twice and am satisfied with the results and will never go back on it, unless something crazy happens with my acne. I've been off of it for over 2 years and my acne has just kept getting better.

"DiselPower4", in many cases Accutane is a permanent cure, even at younger ages way before kids would ever grow out of it.

Hey, if your acne kept getting better does that mean that it was a little rough in the beginning? My daughter just got off and her face is still looking like it's been through a battle. She still gets one or two zits. Plus she's got some scars which is not happy. I'm just hoping it all evens out in a few months.

Old 01-24-2005, 07:41 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

skimom HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettybow04
Hi, Im the person for yoU! Ive been on accutane 4 times! I know very well how it all works and turns out. My clear skin would last for almost a year each time so you can expect that...but yes, sadly it all returns to normal after that.Gradually, your oil will come back,very gradually, and then slowly your pimples will start showing again and then one day youll have the skin you had pre-accutane. Like right now, my bad acne is back even after my forth time on accutane. Im now not taking the drug anymore cause it does not cause permanent results. This may not apply to you though, it depends on the severity of your acne. I had moderate cystic acne.
If you have less severe acne, then it may help you longer, but accutane really hardly ever cures anyone. Its effects just may last longer in some. Sorry sweetie, it sucks bad cause accutane is the only thing that ever worked for me too.

prettybow - I just read on another board that some derms prescribe one 40 mg pill per week on a long-term basis. I don't know if that's in the US or not. This kind of dosage might be the answer for someone like you who seems to tolerate the drug well but breaks out when they're not on it. Just a thought. My best thoughts and prayers to you...

Last edited by skimom; 01-24-2005 at 07:42 PM.

Old 01-24-2005, 09:40 PM   #11
(female)

ggc7 HB User

I was on accutane. If you ask me, the one-two punch, is Accutane and then Pro-Activ. Accutane helps cure ACNE, but being a girl (because of hormones and period), you might get mild break outs, but trust me, they will be nothing like you experience pre-accutane.

Old 04-07-2005, 09:28 PM   #12

Mic1980 HB User

I know a girl who had severe acne at 14 and took accutane and only gets a pimple every once in a great while since then, and she is now 25. Her skin is gorgeous. I disagree with the person who said it will always come back. My dermatologist told me I have a 75% chance it will never come back.

Old 04-08-2005, 10:13 AM   #13
(male)

senoflys HB User

Hey best of luck to you. I have been on accutane twice and after each course my acne came back about 3-4 months later. BUT...when it did come back it came back much less than before. I am trying something else right now to see if it works and if it doesn't then I am going to try accutane again but after the course I am going to do that maintenance dose thing to see if that will keep it away for good. The other thing you want to keep in minds is that you won't hear many answers of people who were cured because for the most part they don't come back here anymore (can't say that I blame them, the support here is great, but imagine if you didnt' need the support). But anyways I hope the best to you, and even if you are only clear for a few months, I think most people here would agree that those few months are absolutely amazing!! Ask your derm about the maintenance dose thing too, i think a lot of people here, myself included, would like to know how that all works.

Old 04-08-2005, 11:09 AM   #14
(female)

Ailurophilia HB User

I used Accutane once, about 13 years ago. I did a 4 month treatment. During the treatment, my skin looked beautiful. My pores virtually disappeared, and my acne cleared up completely. Unfortunately, it slowly came back, and after a year, I was back where I started. But my pores have never gone back to their former size, I'm happy to say.

Side-effects: While I was taking it, my brain became SLOW. Especially in the morning, I could just not get my thoughts together, and became confused easily. If someone asked me a question, it was hard to find the words to answer. I felt really dumb, the whole time I was taking it. And it tooks months after the treatment for my brain to finally return back to normal. (Well some might argue that it never did!)

Old 04-08-2005, 05:06 PM   #15
(female)

Sacred21 HB User

Hey,

I started accutane when I was 16 or 17. I'm 21 now and have been off of it for quite awhile and my acne is back. It's not as bad as it used to be, but its still back.

Closed Thread