It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2005, 09:47 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Anibanani HB User
update on tamanu oil

OK I've been using this oil since mid november and I didn't wanna conclude anything untill I was sure that it works. Well the acne scars I had are almost smoothed out I'd say about 70% difference, my skin is no longer oily like it used to be, and I only breakout during that time ofmonth as opposed to everyday like I used to. So I don't know if it's the oil or the fact that I take alpha lipoic acid vitamins or what but something is deffinitely working and I cannot believe it. I'm constantly cleaning my mirror cause I thought well maybe that's why my skin looks so smooth but it really is that way LoL I've read several reports on Alpha lipoic acid that it helps with scarring by getting rid of damaged collagen, so maybe the oil and the vitamin combined is what is making me get results so fast. I don't know al I know is that my skin is smooth and clear and I'm happy. for those of you who havent tried this please do it might save your skin and for those of you who use it please let me know how its working for you thanks

Old 01-23-2005, 09:50 AM   #2
(female)

iridescentsea HB User
Re: update on tamanu oil

Where did you buy the tamanu oil? Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-23-2005, 09:54 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Anibanani HB User

I bought mine at snow drift farm I think it was $18 for a one oz bottle which I only used half of so far it really goes a long way. oh by the way I also put jojoba oil on top of tamanu oil to help it absorb more- neither one has ever broke me out

Old 01-23-2005, 10:22 AM   #4
(female)

iridescentsea HB User

Thanks for the info. I started breaking out again lately. I bought jojoba oil online. I will also get the tamanu oil too see if they help. BTW, what kind of cleanser do you use? Some says, jojoba oil is also makes a good cleanser. What do you think? Thanks.

Old 01-23-2005, 04:46 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Anibanani HB User

I use camocare foaming cleanser it has german camomille which is antiinflamitory, but you can dab some jojoba oil on a cotton ball and clean your face that way too. this stuff heals pimples really fast and the red marks too I love it.

Old 01-25-2005, 01:33 PM   #6
(male)

mdjag3 HB User

I tried tamanu oil after reading your initial post and it's only been a little over a week, but I notice a slight improvement already! Do you happen to know if it's safe to apply tamanu oil right after a glycolic acid peel?

Old 01-25-2005, 02:00 PM   #7

Nametaken48 HB User

Which is better for dry skin, tamanu oil or jojoba oil? I have dry skin from Differin, and right now the moisturizer I use at day makes my face look greasy. I was wondering if either of these oils are good moisturizers without making my face look shiney/greasy. Also, which one is better for scars?

Old 01-25-2005, 06:17 PM   #8
(female)

LauraOSU05 HB User

What is a good brand to use for both jojoba oil and tamanu oil? I am interested in getting rid of some hyperpigmentation from past acne scars and the "Scar Zone" cream I bought at Drug Mart hasn't been working!

Do you have to order them online, or would a vitamin store like GNC have them? Thanks!

Old 01-25-2005, 06:35 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

Anibanani HB User

I once used tamanu oil right after doing microdermabrasion and it did not irritate my skin in fact it got rid of the redness faster. Tamanu oil is a little bit richer than jojoba oil; jojoba has a very thin consistency, I read on the bottle that jojoba is actually thinner than human oil go figre that out. But you could use both if you wanted to I do jojoba helps tamanu absorb more and neither will break you out. As far as brands goI got my tamanu oil at snowdrift farm because it was the cheapest I found( 1oz for 18$) and I have no complaints, and the jojoba I got at my health food store its by Heather Loraine it was like 7 bucks. Both of these go a long way.

Last edited by Anibanani; 01-25-2005 at 06:36 PM.

Old 01-25-2005, 07:22 PM   #10
(female)

acnescargirl HB User

what kinds of scars did it help get rid of, hypertrophoic ? thanks this sounds like great stuff, i wish i had the money to get it!

Old 01-25-2005, 08:02 PM   #11
(female)

LauraOSU05 HB User

I did some searching online and found that Vitamin Shoppe carries both tamanu and jojoba oils from different brands. My hometown has a Vitamin Shoppe by the mall, so when I go visit my parents this weekend, I will have to pick some up.

I didn't see that they carried the brands you mentioned Ani, but I am sure that any one will do just fine...as long as it is pure or organic! I will probably just grab whatever is cheapest (like the Vitamin Shoppe brand) because I am a poor college student! I'll keep y'all updated once I start using the oils! Thanks a lot!

Old 01-26-2005, 12:33 AM   #12
(female)

acnescargirl HB User

ok i am really nervous to buy it now cuz i see it costs a lot. i wonder if it clogs pores too.

Old 01-26-2005, 07:31 AM   #13
Senior Veteran

jojo64 HB User

FYI, I use the Vitamin Shoppe brand jojoba oil - I've tried others but I like theirs the best.

Old 01-26-2005, 09:24 AM   #14

just_imagine HB User

Ani, when you say "snow drift farm" are you talking about the online site? I'm in Canada and we don't have Vitamin Shoppe. I'll check at my local health store but I have a feeling they won't carry it. Is anyone in Canada using tamanu, if so where did you buy it (either in store, or online)? I don't want to order it from a website that doesn't accomodate well to Canada or is sketchy...

Thanks

Old 01-26-2005, 10:44 AM   #15
(female)

LauraOSU05 HB User

Hi jojo -
Thats great that you like the Vitamin Shoppe jojoba oil the best! I think you get more for your $$$ with their brand! I'm just happy that I can buy it in my hometown...I hate paying for shipping when I order stuff online!

Hopefully their tamanu oil is of good quality as well! Good luck everyone!

Closed Thread