It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2005, 06:31 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

sawbuck44 HB Usersawbuck44 HB Usersawbuck44 HB User
Question Buy your own Blue and Red lights

Hello, I was thinking about having the blue light therapy done at the derm office and in my research about what it is all about, I came upon a site that sells them. I can get a red and a blue for 123.00 that is the cost of one treatment at the derm office. Anyone familiar with this and is there a difference in the type of lamps used? It sounds like I would financially be better off buying my own since I have two sons that may need the treatment.

Old 01-24-2005, 09:41 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

skimom HB User
Re: Buy your own Blue and Red lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawbuck44
Hello, I was thinking about having the blue light therapy done at the derm office and in my research about what it is all about, I came upon a site that sells them. I can get a red and a blue for 123.00 that is the cost of one treatment at the derm office. Anyone familiar with this and is there a difference in the type of lamps used? It sounds like I would financially be better off buying my own since I have two sons that may need the treatment.

We bought the at-home lamp. It was a waste of money. There are many people who don't get good results even with the doctor's lamps. We sent it back and fortunatley got a refund.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-24-2005, 10:35 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

What brand did you try? I am looking into the Dichro-Acne-Blue light. I am going to ask my derm office what they think of me purchasing the lamp since I have two boys and treatments there would be crazy. I'll let you know what they say.

Last edited by sawbuck44; 01-24-2005 at 10:35 AM.

Old 01-24-2005, 11:40 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Just talked to the derm office. The treatment is not the same as the lamp. It is a laser light that happens to be blue. I am going to try at least one treatment for my older son since his is the worst and see what happens. We don't go back until 2/25 so it'll be a while before I report back on that treatment. Not going to buy the lamp though. Thanks!

Old 03-15-2005, 06:59 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

deltoro HB User

more info on blue light treatment

Old 03-16-2005, 05:52 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi, sorry but the derm told me to save my money because my son's face cleared up so well. I don't even know what it looks like because it's in a different part of the building. After my son had taken oral antibiotics for two months along with a topical cream, he is now using Triaz pads (benzoyl perioxide 6%) with the topical cream to clear up the red marks. He's been doing the pads for about 2 weeks now and it really has worked well.

Closed Thread