It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2005, 09:32 AM   #1

paige HB User
Breaking out just on forehead

I've been breaking out just on my forehead- the rest of my face is clear but I have a bunch of small pimples and a couple of larger ones though not huge, on my forehead. Nothing seems to be working as far as getting them to clear up.

Any suggestions and/or thoughts about what's causing them?

Thank you!

Old 01-24-2005, 10:05 AM   #2

scorpion4377 HB User
Re: Breaking out just on forehead

Acne usually happens on your chin or forehead. Its very common. The only place I have acne is on my chin. You can get Proactiv shampoo if you want. I would suggest doing nothing about it, acne cremes and pills (Unless its Accutane) make it worse.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-24-2005, 10:18 AM   #3
(male)

stan HB User

well i found washing 2 day then apply bp cream afterwards helps but dont over wash it can make it worse see ur doc about prescribing u other meds if its not that bad if it is bad see a derm about it

Old 01-24-2005, 11:44 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

sawbuck44 HB Usersawbuck44 HB Usersawbuck44 HB User

My son (15) breaks out only on his forehead (a few others but majority on forehead). He is taking an antibiotic and uses a topical cream at night. Washes with Cetaphil. The bumps are gone but his forehead is still red. Going to try a few laser light treatments and see if it clears that up. Will let you know - don't go to the office until 2/25.
My younger son (13) broke out straight in the middle of the face, from his forehead down to his nose and chin. He also started treatment like his brother and the first thing to clear up was his nose and his chin looks better. Seems like the forehead is harder to heal.

Old 01-24-2005, 09:20 PM   #5
(female)

acnescargirl HB User

i notice this too. my forehad is the worse-looking part on me. they say it is hair products. but i kinda think it gets more damaged form the sun and any picking will turn into hypertrophic scars - at least on me anyway. anybody else notice this/

Old 01-25-2005, 07:52 AM   #6
(male)

beatboxkid HB User

hello, you could try wiping you fore head down with liquid tcp and cotton wool pads befor getting in the shower/bath. It is best to do it before you shower/bath as it smells bad.

You could also wipe you for head down with tcp before you went to bed, if you dont mind the smell that much. Any hows I guarntee tcp liquid does work it just pongs a bit!!!!!!!!

ps I nearly forgot to say how painfull liquid tcp can be on the skin, basically it can burn a little, but It wont do any harmfull damage. To counter act this you could always put on a light mouistriser before wiping down you fore head, as It will take most of the sting away.

Last edited by beatboxkid; 01-25-2005 at 07:56 AM.

Old 06-08-2005, 10:31 AM   #7
Inactive
(male)

thomas130 HB User

I don't about anyone else I enjoy the pain just think that it killing all those *******s and you might come to enjoy it.

Old 06-08-2005, 10:50 AM   #8
(male)

mikegoons HB User

Ive been on accutane for a month now and the only place im breaking out bad is my forehead?? I dont get it , i never really got them there before accutane. . .

Old 06-08-2005, 04:52 PM   #9
(male)

OtakuBakA HB User

wash it with soap but nothing too strong and sleep early , for me i would reduce the amount of time in direct sunlight too.

Closed Thread