It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2005, 01:06 PM   #1
(male)

donttreadonme HB User
Smoothbeam experience.....

I finished my second smoothbeam treatment about a week ago. So far I have not seen much in the way of improvement and at times the acne gets a little worse. This is dissappointing because the nurse said that the appearance of new lesions would decrease after the first session. The first session was relatively painless but the second session was very painful. I used the topicaine both times but the second time I applied it myself and the power of the laser is increased with each treatment so i'm sure that caused the increase in pain. My acne is border line severe and my dermatologist reccommended accutane or this. I still have faith that this will work seeing that I have two more treatments. My dermatologist is the head of dermatology at Johns Hopkins and he seems to expect good results so the treatment must be legit for some people at least.

Old 01-24-2005, 01:13 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

evy38 HB User
Re: Smoothbeam experience.....

You know I had 5 photofacials and if your device is similar, alot of the work is accomplished at a deeper level. It just may take a little while to see the benefits, maybe more then a week.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-25-2005, 01:03 AM   #3
(female)

acnescargirl HB User

what is this ? is this for acne and scarring ? how does it work ! ?? ?thanks sounds neat

Old 01-25-2005, 07:41 AM   #4
(male)

donttreadonme HB User

smoothbeam is a laser that was originally used cosmetically to lessen wrinkles and blemishes and such. Doctors noticed that it seemed to get rid of acne too. Now it is marketed as an acne treatment as well by derms. They advertise a 98% remission rate in acne after 4-6 treatments. It isnt permanent it doesnt seem but it hasnt been around long enough for anyone to know. It probably comes back in a year or so and more treatments are necessary. Basically they just run the laser across your face. It hurts a bit but the only side effect is redness for an hour. Other than that your back to normal in 30 to 60 mins. Its expensive. Alot of people have had success with it some havent.

Last edited by donttreadonme; 01-25-2005 at 07:42 AM.

Old 01-25-2005, 08:39 AM   #5
(male)

acneruinsesteem HB User

i am currently on accutane. i am in my third month. it has been great. for my scars, I am going to be doing the smoothbeam laser. my aunt uses it because she is a nurse at a gynecologist office that specializes in facial therapy. i finish accutane in 3 months, and i have to wait 3 more to begin chemical peels and microdermabrasions, and then 3 months after that (6 months after accutane), I will be able to do the Smoothbeam Laser by Candela. take care

tony

Old 01-30-2005, 02:19 PM   #6

healthygal HB User

How much are you paying per session (I think the norm is $250).

Thanks

Old 01-30-2005, 02:22 PM   #7

healthygal HB User

Also....are you sure it isn't permanent?

Closed Thread