It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2005, 08:33 PM   #1
(male)

xghostsniperx HB User
Need some help with Clyndamiacin (should be an easy question)

This is my second anti-biotic. I've been told anti-biotics in general are really bad for you. However, this seems to be controlling my acne--not making it better--just controlling it, which is good. Now, are there any bad long-term side effects with these?

Also, my derm perscribed 300 mg pills twice a day. My local pharmacy must have switched to 150 mg pills instead of 300 mg only, so now I should be taking four a day. However, I thought it was a typo at first, so I just kept taking one a day and one before bed. I told my derm this, and he said that it wasn't a typo, they did switch--but he told me not to increase my dosage, since the less pills, the better. However, I'm thinking that if I DO go four a day instead of my normal two, my acne might clear up more. Do you think I should do this? My derms kind of an idiot and doesn't really listen to me anyways, so it shouldn't be much of a problem.

Thanks for any advice.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread