It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2005, 10:25 PM   #1

Balu HB User
Birth Control and Acne

How long does it take for your skin to clear up after starting birth control pills?

Old 01-25-2005, 09:27 AM   #2
(female)

sammy726 HB User
Re: Birth Control and Acne

Mine starting clearing up towards the end of the 4th month. I'd give it at least 6 months to see the best results.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-25-2005, 10:05 PM   #3

specialerthanu HB User

Hey I started taking Yasmin just a month ago and my skin actually looks pretty good suprisingly Ive waited for 8 years for this and finally my skin is like decent, still ALOT of red marks and scars but all in all Im really happy with how its turning out, Im also taking spirialactone so that also has an effect, I hope your results turn out good

Old 01-26-2005, 05:26 AM   #4

lilliputty HB User

I am on my second pack of Marvelon and I have to say I started noticing improvements after only two weeks. I still get the odd spot here and there, but they never come to a head and kinda subside after a few days.

Marvelon is also the only pill which hasn't made me get horrible mood sings or retain water like a camel. My boobs have grown but I don't seem to have put on any noticeable weight.

Very happy about it all sofar!!

Old 01-27-2005, 04:04 PM   #5
(female)

yumel HB User

hi please help! I have acne skin for almost 4 yrs, my skin is strange, sometimes good , sometimes bad..and now I figure I do get lots of white heads because I put on makeup sometimes. BUt now I stop, I haven't used makeup for a month, and now doing facial every week. It helps a lot..but still my facial person told me to try Yasmin, she said even she cleared up so many zits for me..but something wrong inside my body, it keeps growing the big zits..my zits are big and are on both of my face. When she pop them for me, there's lots of blood and yellow stuff in them. She said somthing not right inside me. So I listen to her and went to see doctor yesterday and asked him to prescibe Yasmin to me. I am going to start it this Sunday. Anyone taking Yasmin , please tell me should I start? coz' I have been reading ppl saying will give you lots of side effects..I worry..I really don't want to gain weight..since three weddings are coming up and i have to attend. But I really do want clear skin. Should I just start? and once I start, I have to take at least 3 months?? Please answer my questions. Thanks a lot for your help! I am so glad that I just found this healthboard today.and know that I am not a lone having this problem..I have problem skin for 4 years...makes me soo sad and upset...I do look pretty.but my skin makes me look bad...I really really just to have clear skin. Hope all of us will have pretty skin very soon!Please reply me. thanks!!

Old 01-27-2005, 04:07 PM   #6
(female)

yumel HB User

So which one is better Yasmin or Marvelon? since I haven't start my BC pills...
I can still change. Is Yasmin pretty good that doesn't have a lot of side effects?
I don't mind my boobs get bigger..but do mind if I gain a lot of weight.

also does anyone know what products are good for acne scars?
and i have not tried Retain A, is that good for acnes too? thanks!

Closed Thread