It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2005, 04:36 AM   #1
(female)

sunflowerhope HB User
The best foundation for acne,covers and clears.......

Hello everyone! im 32 f battled acne most of my life tried to find the perfect foundation to cover-up my pimples i learned to live with,well heard about mineral make up that its pure enough to sleep in,so i tryed bare escentials foundation,i never thought a powder form of foundation would cover so well,not only did i find a good foundation,it clears my skin too,it feels like you dont even have none on,cant say enough things about it,i no longer try to find the right zit medicine cause thats all i need,i thought i would share this with all you gals,i get mine on e bay they have samples you can try,but believe me,there small you get to use 2 times youll be wishing you got the large,and the mineral veil sets it so i recomend both,dont forget the brush to put it on with i get the cheaper ones at walmart,ya need a big one for face and a small one for around eyes and to cover up.good luck.

Old 01-25-2005, 10:26 AM   #2
(female)

sammy726 HB User
Re: The best foundation for acne,covers and clears.......

I've been wanting to try that make-up...so does it prevent shine too? I'm just kind of skeptical about a powder foundation. I have red marks and huge pores and I'm oily on my nose and chin.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-25-2005, 10:56 AM   #3
(female)

picksie HB User

I actually just ordered this and I did not like it. It didn't seem to cover well with only one application so I had to go over it once or twice and at that point, it seemed cakey and heavy (and the concealer or bisque, did not work at all). If you have very mild acne or just a few zits here and there, it might work better. I also have uneven skin tone and it didn't do much to "freshen" me up or even me out.

I did, however, LOVE the mineral veil and all over face color Glee and Clear Radiance. The mineral veil is cornstarch-based so it absorbs oil. I have pretty oily skin in the T zone but I almost never have to touch it up during the day, unless I plan on going out at night.

I have heard many people with acne say they love this product, though, so my opinion is whatever works for you. I have heard better things about the other line from Leeza Gibbons - it has what sounds like a miracle concealer, good for even burns and severe skin discolorations. I guess anything's worth a try, samples are a good thing!

Old 01-25-2005, 11:11 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

sawbuck44 HB Usersawbuck44 HB Usersawbuck44 HB User

I have this product and find the coverage to be adequate though sometimes dry-looking. One of my main complaints is that when I put it on it goes all over the place! How do you keep the powder from flying onto your clothes?!? I may have to retry it again and see if it's the way I'm using it.

Old 01-26-2005, 03:02 AM   #5
(female)

sunflowerhope HB User

got to say it is rather shiny,but hey if it controls my breakouts,id rather be shiny than broke out,i heard there is a mineral make up that is called amroliegh or something like that thats compared to bare escentials and its not shiny might give that a go,but till then im sticking with the mineral make up,i have very oily skin and dry in some places huge pores type 1 skin.

Old 01-26-2005, 03:05 AM   #6
(female)

sunflowerhope HB User
Smile Re: The best foundation for acne,covers and clears.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflowerhope
got to say it is rather shiny,but hey if it controls my breakouts,id rather be shiny than broke out,i heard there is a mineral make up that is called amroliegh or something like that thats compared to bare escentials and its not shiny might give that a go,but till then im sticking with the mineral make up,i have very oily skin and dry in some places huge pores type 1 skin.
OH i forgot the infomercials are on almost everyday on lifetime channel or pax or tbs6 am to 9 am

Old 01-26-2005, 10:08 AM   #7
Veteran

stasia12 HB User

hey if you are looking for mineral makeup without shine, consider trying aromaleigh products (search online)

they are better products in a number of ways:
1-they offer samples so you can find the right colors without spending all your money
2-no shine, better for people with large pores and acne
3-they have just introduced a liquid mineral formula , better for those who have acne caused by dry skin
4-coming out with a cream concealer as well
5-less expensive overall
6-you dont have to buff the makeup to apply it

i have recently tried it-am still experimenting-the cover formula from them works well on blemishes, but also have to apply it wet or more than once to get it to stay. does good job of evening out skintone but am still trying to get it not to emphasize pores-have that prob with everyting,even matte fondations. you can experiment with their foundation and their cover formual, mixing them together to find a combo that works for you. im goiing to order samples of the new liquid one as well, ill keeep you posted on that.

Old 01-26-2005, 07:28 PM   #8
(female)

sunflowerhope HB User

hey thanx,been wanting to try that,keep me posted on how the new stuff works.

Old 01-26-2005, 10:31 PM   #9

replay57 HB User

has anyone tried Covergirl aquasmooth? if so, does it irritate acne prone skin, does it cause acne , shiny , too dry etc..

Old 01-31-2005, 04:05 AM   #10
(female)

sunflowerhope HB User

i havent tried that,but i did just order some aromaleigh i love mineral make up, ive never been so clear,and i have used foundation for 16 years now,i recomend mineral make up to all you gals,i cant believe a powder foundation is this great,who knew,and this has been out for years,why havent i heard of this sooner?i can fall asleep in it and not worry,and it dont look cakey,i heard lots of movie stars use this.

Old 01-31-2005, 01:43 PM   #11
(female)

AnitaPita HB User

I have acne prone skin and CoverGirl Aquasmooth has not broken me out. The coverage is excellent and it hides all of my red marks and scars. The texture of my skin actually gets better when I use this. The problem is finding a color match. When I am tan, Soft Honey matches my skin but as soon as I start to lighten up, I cannot find a color to match. I am going to order Bare Escentuals.

Closed Thread